Light-O-Rama Forums

having some trouble with fade outs

Guest guest

just finished anouther 4th of july sequence. running red white and blue spot lights. wile watching the show the first time i noticed that during some fade outs the spots are flickering. almost like a twinkle effect. anyone know whats causing that?

1) Make sure you have *never* reset the timings across a fade. The fade will not correct over the new timings. I had this problem once, and when you zoomed in, you could my fade overall go from 100%->0%, however, some frames were going 85%->88%, etc. (the wrong way.) Try to redraw your fades.

If memory serves you are new to LOR, which means you should have the latest code. It's much to late for me to recall what code you should have, though.

Dan?

How long are the fades? When did you but/receive your controllers?

There was a problem where LOR controllers would start to flicker right at the low percentage range of the fade, like 25% or 30%. This occurred on long fades, like 15 or more seconds.

At one point, Dan released new firmware to fix this, and for myself it did on fades with only a few channels. I still get the "flicker" effect when I fade the entire display over 7.5 seconds. Dan will have to take over from here.

ok thats sounds like my problem, my fades are rater long (almost 10 seconds) but i jaut got my controllers like 4 months ago, should i update the firmware? and if yes, how do i do that?

I had a similar problem last season on my fades, going from one color, to another, to another. Instead of a twinkle, I got more of a flash before the sequence started over. Dan worked like a mule trying to help me get this fixed. I sent him my sequence and he did tweak it, but that brief flash, almost like a bump, did not go away and I lived with it. I vaguely remember Dan saying something that in the future this issue would be resolved, but at that time, I was deep into the display set up and didn't remember to make a note of what he said.

I am looking at that sequence again and hoping to get a fix before this next season. So any ideas would sure be welcome.