Light-O-Rama Forums

I NEED HELP PLEASE new to LOR

gail bell

i been getting sequences from people and i put the in my sequence folder, i go to get the in the sequence editor and can't find them , but i go to windows explorer and they are there , but can't find the in sequnece editor,and sometimes it's like that with mp3 files ,they are in my audio folder, and where should i keep the files and can i only use lms files for lor, i'm stumped, been tring this over a week and getting really upset, can anyone help me here , and i don't know how to chance a file to lms.thanks again GAIL i have the 1. 6.15 , i had 2 sequences made with the demo version ,do i had to delete the demo version, and lose my sequences? i am using LMS files ,but some of the come with a BAK file , i'm am so lost, can anyone , or everyone help me , thanks

First things first, calm down. We all have felt the "fear" of losing the files. If you can find the files in windows explorer, you can copy and paste them in the sequences or audio folder. Try that first. Then just double click on them and they should open in the editor. Then add the audio file and save it and your good to go. Hope that helps.

gail bell wrote:

i been getting sequences from people and i put the in my sequence folder, i go to get the in the sequence editor and can't find them , but i go to windows explorer and they are there , but can't find the in sequnece editor,and sometimes it's like that with mp3 files ,they are in my audio folder, and where should i keep the files and can i only use lms files for lor, i'm stumped, been tring this over a week and getting really upset, can anyone help me here , and i don't know how to chance a file to lms.thanks again GAIL i have the 1. 6.15 , i had 2 sequences made with the demo version ,do i had to delete the demo version, and lose my sequences? i am using LMS files ,but some of the come with a BAK file , i'm am so lost, can anyone , or everyone help me , thanks

Are you sure that you're looking in the same directory when you use the Sequence Editor as you are when you use Windows Explorer? Try navigating to other directories using the Sequence Editor's "file open" dialog.

ok, thats where i find them insequence folder in windows explorer, but can't be found inthe editor , and i thank you so much for replying to me , i'm on the edge of my seat here lol ,

I want to make sure I understand what you're saying. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think you're saying:

(1) You open some directory in Windows Explorer, and you see sequence files in there.

(2) You open some directory in the Sequence Editor, and you do not see sequence files in there.

Right?

If so, are you absolutely sure that you're looking in the same directory? Just because they're both named "Sequences" (or whatever) does not mean they're the same directory.

For example, one of them might be:

C:My DocumentsGailLORSequences

and the other might be:

C:LORSequences

yes it opened , but how will i add it to a show when i'm done? thanks

Once you've built sequences using the Sequence Editor, you can build a show out of those sequences using the Show Editor.

A lot of people have upgraded to S2, it's a lot easier than S1. Maybe upgrade, or go to the help file and start an afternoon reading session, it's been a while since I used S1, and most of that stuff I've forgotten. And, your not a pain, your a newbie, just like everyone else was at one time. It's the learning curve. Welcome, and enjoy.

I don't think you've necessarily lost them. I think they might just not be in the same place that LOR is looking for them.

Again, are you absolutely sure that LOR and Windows Explorer are both looking in the same directory? And again, just because both directories are named "Sequence" doesn't mean that they're the same directory.

The sequences that you cant find did you create them in the free demo? And also are you trying to open those (the ones that cant be found) in the new up graded 2.15? The reason I ask is because the old LOR (the free demo) saves the sequences in a LOR folder named sequences however the new upgraded LOR saves them in "MY DOCUMENTS". So when you go to try to open them are you navigating through C:My Documents/LOR/Sequences. Where as the free demo would have saved them under C:program files/ LOR / Sequences