Light-O-Rama Forums

opening media file

gerald sundberg

I had a fellow sequence three songs for me this winter and I down loaded one of them onto a cd, the other I put onto a f drive. I then put them onto my show pc. When I go to sequencing they are there on the screen, but no music. So I got a hold of the fellow and he says that I must open the media file. It's not enabled so I can't. Any ideas?

On the machine it's not working on, try going to the "Edit" menu and selecting "Media File" from it. This will let you tell LOR where the song file for this sequence is located. Browse to your F drive (or wherever) and select the song file.

If you're using an older version of LOR, the menu item might be called "Audio File" instead of "Media File", but it's the same idea.

There was an old bug (I don't know if it still exists). If you opened the sequence and then saved it without pointing to a valid audio / media file the menu option may now be disabled.

If this is your problem, you should go back to the original copy and start again. If you don't have the original copy (or you saved over it) there is still another way.