Light-O-Rama Forums

Need a new opening song this year...

chowell

What are some of your favorite opening bits/songs? Last year being my first year, I used the Sirius tune from Alan Parson's Project...the song that the Chicago Bulls use to use during their player introduction, and then our Utah Jazz used the last few years. The locals loved it. I know some use the THX introduction. I like to use something to start the show, and not necessarily a Christmas tune. Any thoughts?

Corey

Try the Coca cola song - Holidays are coming.

I used it last year and it makes a nice start.

Another is the 20th Century Fox movie intro.

I think I may use the THX this year to mix it up.

I'll preface this by saying this is my opinion only. I have a Christmas display not a ball game or movie opening. So my approach has been to start with a voice over with my master of ceremonies, Rudy, then jump into the show which I lead off with a very upbeat song. Last year it was (heaven forbit) WIW. I have seen others do a skit with the electricity going haywire, and I think that is not bad either.

I use the Coke commercial, The Holidays are Coming, as my ending. I use that song because it's short and does have a build up in it. That song has a natural way to build and turn lights on by the repetitive "The Holidays are coming" and the 2 bell ringles. The second of which comes at about 30 seconds. By that point I have all the lights that make sense to turn on, they are on for 30 seconds till the end of the song. I use that as a Kodak moment for the crowd. They like that because they can see what every thing looks like on, and they can take pics, cause I let them know it is coming.

My guests keep telling me how much they like my format, so I don't mess with it, except to have different voice overs. This year Rudy is going to get a buddy elf to banter with.

Again MHO. Everyone has different tastes, that's what's great about this hobby.

Going to use the Looney Tunes, Need a little Christmas. Only 1:30 long, and has a great build up.

I alternate between the 20th Century Fox intro and the THX robot. Then I hit 'em with either WIW or Carol of the Bells to get everyone's juices flowing.

i'm going to use the first 2 min of illuminations from epcot here is a link to a clip of it

at epcot i found on youtube

i have a mp3 of it also if anyone wants it