Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16 Input Connector has no place for jumper?

doublea

ITS HERE, (My 4 new LOR boxes), and my 4 input boards, but something is missing, (so I think it is missing.)

Yea its something I could solder myself, but I'm wondering why its not on the board.

HPIM2794.jpg

Yup, best answer is to email LOR support... If it were me, and I were in a hurry, I'd probably just solder the two pads together, but I don't know why somebody would be in a hurry now...

-klb- wrote:

Yup, best answer is to email LOR support... If it were me, and I were in a hurry, I'd probably just solder the two pads together, but I don't know why somebody would be in a hurry now...

The paperclip is working fine for now :)

HPIM2800.jpg

All 4 of my input boards came the same

HPIM2801.jpg

I guess ill shoot LOR an email soon.

-klb- wrote:

but I don't know why somebody would be in a hurry now...

Cause were all a little nutty...HAHA;)

Ponddude wrote:

-klb- wrote:
but I don't know why somebody would be in a hurry now...

Cause were all a little nutty...HAHA;)

I want my inputs now!!! lol

Hey this inst as bad as waiting for your new HD camera in the mail, it came broken, and now the warranty and is taking 4 weeks to process, and im waiting for four rebate checks in the mail right now also... hehe, the joy of waiting. HEHE

Don't quote me on this but I believe I read somewhere that the input board handles the jumpers. I think it is designed into the circuitry.

Again, don't quote me on that one.

Both of my input boards have the jumper positions... The instructions still specify the jumper from the second row of pins go there. What the board does take care of for you is the resistors that would normally be required...

I'm not of any help as I haven't seen these mentioned before on PC. What can you do with these?

Thanks Jeff

Jeff Millard wrote

You probably haven't seen it mentioned on PC because most of the people who use things like this, don't care to have their comments spell checked by one certain robo-poster.

I know what your talking about here. :P

I'll do some searching. Thanks for the tips.

Jeff

Dan sent me an email saying that my pins were on the way. (I told him in the email, that I wouldn't mind soldering them myself. )

Also they are sending me some jumpers I misplaced also (my own fault really.)

Thanks LOR