Light-O-Rama Forums

adding more channels to the layout

Ralph D

Ok, I think my age is getting to me. someone please tell me if this is right. I'm doing some updating and cleaning on my layout and channels, now after I’m done and I save the new channel configuration and visualizer screen layout and export it. Now lets just say my past con fig was named #10 so this new one I named 11, just for the sake of making the name easy. so now i have to go into all the sequences using #10 and import #11 as that is the latest update for my visualize and new channels and if I don’t import it....it will use the old layout right. Oh man its easier to think what I’m saying rather then put it on paper today. What’s wrong with me. Please let me know if I have this right.

Thanks,

Ralph

Ralph,

I think I got you. Only those sequences that you want to have the new update do you have to do the import of file11. If you have not done that step to any of your old file 10 sequences, they will not be touched.

I am sure you have done this, but if 11 was a re-vamp (moving, re-organizing, adding) you may want get a channel print out just to compare 11 & 10 to make sure you did not leave any channels out.

Myself, I would make a test sequence using 11, having all channels 1-XX fire in order and review it in the visualizer to make sure your new visualizer is what you intended as well.

Morning Mark,

Thanks and Yes I did a full test before screwing with anything. Just wanted to make sure. thanks pal. I have to put my 2 cents in, re-doing a layout to update it stinks, man I'd rather go play in a street! lol I'm at the point I've waited and added so much stuff to my layout compared to my yard is a bit different..... so its time to redo the whole layout. god this stinks. well ill be sitting here most of the day doing this.....

what i do think im going to do is ad extra stuff i know i will be doing in the next couple of years so i don't need to do this again for a while. See what happens after a good cup of coffee, I CAN THINK AFTER ALL. lol

Hey anyone at lor ever think of adding I-m'ing (instant massaging) to the boards. now thats an idea.:D

Ralph