Lights blinking, system off...

I have my display indoors, all plugged in all the time. Lately I've noticed controller #1 (out of 6), channel 2 will blink occasionaly. The controlling PC is off, but the controllers are always on. It seems to blink twice, slowly (blink...........blink). Is it trying to tell me something? Maybe unplug all controllers when not in use? It hasn't always done this.

I have upgraded to the latest version, 2.1.6

I have also upgraded the firmware on (5) controllers to 4.30, blue board; without disconnecting anything. Maybe it started after the firmware upgrade, not sure.

I had some strange issues that were resolved by installing a different firmware version. It had nothing to do with lights coming on without commands. But, if I had your problem I might consider redoing the firmware.

Maybe you have something that is creating electrical noise on the same circuit breaker as the controller. Fluorescent lights, electrical motors etc are very noisy.

rwertz,

Could be electrical noise; I have a small fridge, the controlling PC, and audio equipment on the same circuit as Controller #1.....

I will probably try re-loading the firmware to that controller when I add the controllers I got from the sale.

Mountainwxman,

It is one channel of display lights; Controller 1, Channel 2. No other channels seem to be involved.

I think on the 1602W, turn controller off, set the unit ID switch to '00' then turn it on for 10 seconds. Turn back off and return ID to proper assignment.