Light-O-Rama Forums

PC Board going away...Fact or Fiction??

Ponddude

Not that I put any thought into rumors, but this is one that intrigued me. Over on PC there is a thread going that states that Dan is getting rid of the PC Board. I personally find this hard to believe, but it is always interesting to hear the real story. My main reason for posting this here is because Dan reads these boards more then he reads the PC boards. Here is the post...

http://talk.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=31243

...so, is it true or not?!

I sure hope not. These prices is just at the point where I bought some. Lets face it most people on here are not millionaire's. I just found a new hobby that I cant get enough of. I find this is all I talk about to people now. I was even thinking of sneaking one by my wife on the summer sale in June. Ok before I get upset I need to calm down. Breathe Breathe. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking. :P

LOL..great idea. I tried changing the heading myself but I can't edit the post any longer. (it has been too long)

I am glad to hear the PC boards aren't going anywhere. I love the boards and will continue to use them.

Thanks for the fast response Dan!

You never know with rumors but in many cases a mistake is not intentional.

Someone may have spoken with someone at LOR who said something like “We may change the PC card” and they tell someone else and says “LOR is re-thinking the PC card” and the next person says “LOR is thinking about dropping the PC card” …..

Dan

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

You never know with rumors but in many cases a mistake is not intentional.

Someone may have spoken with someone at LOR who said something like “We may change the PC card” and they tell someone else and says “LOR is re-thinking the PC card” and the next person says “LOR is thinking about dropping the PC card” …..

Dan

Dan, you're 100% right.

In the news biz, we don't report anything unless it's confirmed and I love shooting down rumors too.

Even when I'm not working, I still don't believe them until the organization it's impacting says it's true.

Well I did try to shoot it down to a degree over on PC. I did tell everyone that the first step to burst a rumor was to go back to the horses mouth. Not Implying that your a horse Dan. But I bet your father thought so when you were a teen going through the frig. :)

Max

BTW finially got my first PC card up and running. Had some other work to do with some conversion of filiment type lights to LED. Otherwise I would not have anything to test the card / controller with. Now if I could just learn how to seq. better.