Light-O-Rama Forums

Full version does not appear to be installed?

James George

I downloaded 1.6.15 to my Vista laptop. I opened it and did a little sequence and closed w/out saving it. It appears to work fine. Then I opened the control panel and "unloaded" it like it said to do and proceeded to download the S2 upgrade to 2.1.6. After 3 attempts it finally downloaded the full 25 mb to my desktop. From there I clicked "run" and checked "I Agree" and I get a message saying:

"The full version does not appear to be installed. You must install and run the full version before you can apply this update. Path = G: Reason Code =2."

I installed the 1.6.15 again and it worked again but the S2 upgrade will not install, I keep getting the above message.

I give up. What do I need to do?

You have to have an installed, and run at least once copy of the full LOR 1 sequence editor to install S2..

You probably need to make sure both are uninstalled, then install LOR1, run the Sequence editor, and install S2.. If that is not working, uninstall both, and run the LOR wipe program, and try again..

I uninstalled 1.6.15 but S2 did not install, I only got the message when trying to install the upgrade. However, I followed your instructions about uninstall, reinstall and open sequencer. Tried again but got same message.

Thanks but any other ideas? I read elsewhere that 1.6.15 might be an upgrade and not a full version but it is the download I got when I purchased the starter pkg. and it worked on my XP (although I did have the demo first) and the upgrade on the XP did fine.

I hate to have to do the registry thing but might be the only way. Oh, well. I'm giving up for tonite. Will continue with this tomorrow evening.

You will have to re-install the 1.6.15 version again and open it one time and then you run the S2 update. You need to have installed a version 1 program so you can install the update.

Is 1.6.15 a full version or an upgrade to the previous version before 1.6.15?

The 1.6.15 version is installed. I don't have a controller hooked up yet but it seems all is working on the 1.6.15 so I would say it is installed and should be the full version.

I tried to install the S2 upgrade again this morning and again got the message in my 1st post. Undoubtedly 2.1.6 can find 1.6.15 but won't upgrade it cause it thinks it is not a full version.

Any more ideas? :?

The wording is probably not helping.. There are no update only packages. All LOR updates that I am aware of ship as a complete install. As long as the 1.6.15 installed without itself looking for an older, authentic version of LOR, and does not think it is a demo, you have everything you should need to install S2..

It sounds like the S2 installer is not finding your 1.6.15 install. I really don't know why. The only next step I could recommend on my own would be the uninstall followed by the LOR wipe tool, and reinstalling 1.6.15, running it, then installing.

However, there may be something with paths, install directories, or something else that we don't normally hear about that makes it worth sending an email to support@lightorama.com.

I had the same problem with Vista on a laptop, contact support and Dan or Bob will give you steps to follow to try and correct the problem. Just make sure that you have used the Windows Media Player at least once and that it is version 9 or higher. Also make sure you do some kind of sequence (animation or musical) and SAVE it. If that doesn't work, don't worry, Dan and the boys won't let you out in the cold, they'll find a solution.

Thanks, guys. I have just now emailed LOR support for some instruction. I am at work and my laptop is at home so can't try anything else yet but will when I get home tonite. BTW, I have WMP 11 cause I download music often for slideshows.

I'm really anxious to hear from support. I really think it's due to a path or directory problem but will first wait to hear from "Dan". From what I've been reading there is excellent support here and they won't quit till the customer is happy.

Thanks. Gonna go check my email right now.