Light-O-Rama Forums

Colors used in your display?

Mark h2o

Last year I used 4 colors & no LED.

Clear (I know, it's not a color but I'm going with it)

Red

Green

Blue

This year to achieve some effects that require more channels I dropped blue from the display. Based on the channels I'm using this year it's the only way I can make it work, and still...........No LEDs.

I'm not sure how many of you have added or removed certain segments or colors from a sequence but it's a real time consuming pain in the noggin! Just when you think your done listening to a song for the billionth time, it happens all over again:shock:

I do like the color blue and I think that it can really add depth and character to a display, so I hope I don't miss it too much.

So whats your colors of choice?

Michael B wrote:

I use every color I can find.

:shock:

I can't remember seeing a video of your display. Do you have one posted somewhere? Because that picture looks really cool.

DownTown wrote:

Red
Green
White
Yellow

Used to use Blue, but they fade way too quickly...

D.T.

I don't know what the deal is with that is.

I talked to Mike Cole this winter and he was having trouble just finding blue lights that were coated properly.

Then again if you like pastel, leave em out all summer:)

Mark h2o wrote:

Michael B wrote:
I use every color I can find.

:shock:

I can't remember seeing a video of your display. Do you have one posted somewhere? Because that picture looks really cool.

Mark,

I don't have video. I only have 16 ch. 7,000 animated to music and over 43,000 static. It may sound strange, but I like it that way. It feels real "Christmasy" to me with mainly static. I may add another 16 ch in a year or two. We will see. :)