Wish List....

Is it possible to have LOR II, without light controll, just programing to be loaded on a stick of RAM. This would allow us to do programing from anywhere we have a computer without having controll of lights or loading progam onto a non-useable controll computer. I would be willing to buy this type program.

I recall this being discussed before but don't recall the answer. There are usb flash drives that support portable software. My guess is LOR is not compliant.

Not sure if this helps because you would still need to load the software -

Dan has/will have a very liberal 'family license' on his software. From his past postings, it looks like the license key will be good for up to 5 computers (though the exact licensing program has not been released).

In addition S2, as it appears today, will be the demo version. So you can load that on as many machines as you would like. It just won't be supported by LOR and it won't control the lights. Again, this is subject to the final licensing arrangement.

Thanks for Info, I downloaded my LORII a couple of months ago and have been programing, ordered units during sale and Dan is sending me the Starter Kit with them. I have to say he has the best customer support of any business I have every worked with. Look forward to meeting him someday and thank him in person.

In addition S2, as it appears today, will be the demo version. So you can load that on as many machines as you would like. It just won't be supported by LOR and it won't control the lights.

Well, there are some more differences too. For example, in the demo, you will only be able to use up to two tracks in any given sequence.

The demo will actually be equal to the "Basic" version (the lowest license level) minus the ability to control lights.

S2 as it exists today will be the "Advanced" version, which will be the highest license level.

There will also be a couple of other license levels between "Basic" and "Advanced": "Basic Plus" and "Standard".

All customers who have already purchased the software will be entitled to a free "Advanced" license.

For details, please see the "Feature Comparison" page in the help file.

Again, this is subject to the final licensing arrangement.

Yes, this is correct, including regarding most of what I just said... the differences between the license levels could possibly be tweaked a bit before everything goes live. Paid users will definitely get the "Advanced" (highest) license, though; that's not going to change (um, unless Dan corrects me!).

bob wrote:

All customers who have already purchased the software will be entitled to a free "Advanced" license.
Just another reason, LOR is the best. Another fine example of awesome customer appreciation. Thank you.

You can already (pretty much) do this. Just go to whatever PC you have LOR installed on; Click on My Computer; Navigate to C:Program Files or wherever you main LOR directory is located; and drag the whole Light-O-Rama Folder to you flash drive.

Then whenever you want to use the program, just navigate to the LOR folder and click on the file LORSequenceEditor.exe. Now here is the only catch, it will prompt you to tell it the default save location for every new PC you try to run this on. Which pretty much means the app is not entirely "portable"; it is probably leaving behind a registry key. Still, this will allow you to run LOR on PC's which you do not have privileges to install. (I do this with firefox at school, although this is with a specialized version that does not leave any registry settings: go to portableapps.com)

I do not know what will happen when the new licensing goes into effect; you will probably have to do this with the demo version. The concept should be the same though.

Also, to make a "portable" app out of LOR, it may just be as simple as saving to a .ini file. But that is my limited knowledge, it may be more complicated than that.

Thanks,
Greg