Light-O-Rama Forums

2.1.6 up grade with vista laptop

mike and patti

My purchased version of LOR is with my home computer running windows XP. I am trying to upgrade to the 2.1.6 version so my system will work again after Feb 1st. The home PC up graded fine. My laptop has been working fine with lor 2.1.016 until Feb 09. My laptop has Vista and I can't upgrade to it. Something about licensing. Any help would be appreciated.

Version 2.1.6 will require a license starting sometime in the middle of this year. Since you have already purchased the software, you will be entitled to a free license.

However, until that time, it should work fine without a license, and you shouldn't be seeing anything telling you that you need one. So, my first guess is that probably your computer's clock is not set correctly, and so LOR thinks it's past the time when it starts requiring a license.

So, I would suggest checking your computer's clock, and if it's not already set to the correct date and time, set it appropriately. You may have to stop and start your LOR programs after doing so in order for them to pick up the change.

• 1 month later...

Just did an clean LOR install on my Vista laptop and got the same error(Licensing).

You need to open the original install first and select the folder for audio and sequences and then then close LOR.

Then run the upgrade and it works fine.

2.1.6 is sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it makes a hill of beans, but I finally had to turn off my internet security program before it would install correctly on my Vista laptop. Just a thought in case all else fails.