Light-O-Rama Forums

So, is LOR S2 'Feature Locked'

bhays

There are a few little features that would make life so much easier in sequencing this year, but I didn't know if there were any more updates planned in the near future.

1. have more than one thing occupy the same space in the visualizer... eg if you have a mini tree that has five colors of lights on it, just layer them on top of one another instead of having to make a mess of dots..

2. Grouping of channels to one master channel for sequencing. EG. that same minitree with the five colors of lights could represent one channel in the sequencer and just use a variable within that channel to set the color.

3. Allow us to set limits on dmx channels for maximum right, left, up, down on the x and y axis for moving heads, etc... then we could just use the fade tool from 0-100% and know that we were within the limits we want it moving.

Any chance of updates this spring.

I really like your idea for the visualizer. That would really make life much easier and certainly keep the visualizer much more organized.

Yeah my visualizer looks terrible because just about every item I light is at least 4 colors. That would be great if they were on top of each other instead of always having to be next to each other.

Idea 2 is excellent also. Instead of a channel being a sequence like it is now which I have never found a use for, a channel would be a group of channels, I have tried to figure out how to do that myself, with no luck of coarse.

Dan and company have always been good at taking our suggestions. In fact, they have an email address just for suggestions. You can send them to wishlist@lightorama.com.

It matters not if S2 is 'locked' as LOR will continue to develop this software to keep us happy :D.

I think I remember reading about a visualizer update. The problem with the visualizer (and third party software) is that it is a resource hog. I am sure Dan is carefully trying to balance performance and features.

LightORamaDan wrote:

The software is not locked for this year. We have something simular to your multi channel idea in the planning stage.

Dan

What about the visualizer idea with multiple items in one space... that's probably even a bigger deal. Thanks for the response, you guys are top notch.

bhays wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
The software is not locked for this year. We have something simular to your multi channel idea in the planning stage.

Dan

What about the visualizer idea with multiple items in one space... that's probably even a bigger deal. Thanks for the response, you guys are top notch.

Hi,

The first two (visualizer and channel group) go together. You would draw the group in the visualizer rather than the indivuidual channels.

Dna

• 2 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

bhays wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Hi,

The first two (visualizer and channel group) go together. You would draw the group in the visualizer rather than the indivuidual channels.

Dna

Thanks for being so innovative with products and for listening to your loyal customers! I'm looking forward to a release with these features!