Light-O-Rama Forums

just a LIL PO'D at youtube

johnny christmas

I certainly understand your frustration, but I think you are taking it out on the wrong people. It's the copyright owner or RIAA that is probably to blame.

iresq wrote:

I certainly understand your frustration, but I think you are taking it out on the wrong people. It's the copyright owner or RIAA that is probably to blame.

true...BUT why would TSO hold a contest and tell people to post the vids on youtube where WMG is claiming copyright issues on music by a band WHO IS TELLING PEOPLE TO USE THEIR MUSIC FOR A CHRISTMAS CONTEST

isnt that the artist giving permission?

im confused

That is a great question and one I am sure has been asked. I am fairly sure that Youtube is going after TSO content because someone associated with the rights to TSO has demanded it.

johnny christmas wrote:

two of my vids got hit...won one dispute but not this one...left a lil message for youtube and WMG

enjoy ;)

LOL at your comment :D

• 2 weeks later...

iresq wrote:

That is a great question and one I am sure has been asked. I am fairly sure that Youtube is going after TSO content because someone associated with the rights to TSO has demanded it.

Yeah WMG, just like he posted in his edit.

Funny stuff Johnny!

• 1 month later...

Tim_L wrote:

iresq wrote:

Yeah WMG, just like he posted in his edit.

Funny stuff Johnny!

well i was bored yesterday and looked at my youtube and saw that ALL of my TSO vids were disabled so i disputed every one of them and now today they are live...my 'simple dispute comment' was as follows

"the band who owns this song held a contest for people who light their houses and use their music and they said TO POST THE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE on their website...therefore giving permission to use their music and post here"

now all but one vid, my angels we have heard on high, is the only one disabled because it was matched by WMG as brian setzer...i have no valid argument to get that one back up lol

Youtube did the same thing to my "Wizards in Winter" videos. I filed a dispute and the video was put back up. However, a few weeks later all my TSO videos were down. I too was a winner in the "TSO" contest and made that point in my dispute, but I think WMG has the power, not TSO. Even if you go to the TSO contest site, the videos are now blocked. Its really to bad, I think the light shows with TSO content have definitely brought good exposer to TSO and WMG.........................Mike

contest site http://www.symphonyinlights.com/

my videos (the ones that are left) http://www.youtube.com/profile?gl=CA&hl=en&user=Sparkylights&locale=en_CA&persist_locale=1