Light-O-Rama Forums

Skew error

keith

After upgrading to version 2.1.6, only one of my sequences is out of sync. When I follow the skew directions, I get a "skew error" and nothing moves. I can skew in other sequences. When I repeat the process, the LOR program locks. I changed audio files (used one from Audacity) but it made no difference.

I've never used Audacity so I may have done it wrong. I imported an Mp3 file into Audacity and exported it as an Mp3 file without doing anything to it. I then imported it into my sequence as the media file. Same problem.

I thought there may not be enough lead time on the file. It starts quickly so I tried skewing the other way. Same problem.

I have no idea, something maybe to try is copying and pasting the sequence into a new file and load the audio and try that. From past experience it does not help me by doing that, but in some cases it has with some random flaws.

Hi,

Could you please tell me exactly what the "skew error" says? And if you could send me a copy of the sequence and let me know how you're trying to skew (i.e. how much and in which direction), I'd appreciate it.

In the meantime, here's another way to accomplish the same thing that "skew" should do (more steps, of course - that's why we made "skew" in the first place!). This all assumes you don't have any loops in your sequence - if you do, please let me know.

Let's say you want to skew everything by pushing it 0.37 seconds to the right. Then:

(1) Select everything (easiest way to do this is probably "Edit" / "Select" / "All").

(2) "Edit" / "Cut" (or Ctrl-X or however you like to cut).

(3) Right click somewhere in the grid; "Copy Timing".

(4) Right click somewhere in the grid; "Delete Selected Timings".

(5) Insert a new timing at 0.37 seconds.

(6) Select the cell in the top channel that starts at 0.37 seconds.

(7) "Edit" / "Paste Timing".

(8) "Edit" / "Paste".

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bob,

The error message appears in the middle of my second screen in front of the animation. The box is titled "Error Skewing Track" and is totally see through otherwise. I don't know how much I need to skew so I tried several settings (.05, .3 etc). The result was always the same. It needs to skew left but I tried both directions...Same result.

There are no loops in the sequence. And, I have used the other method in the pre-skew track era. It always worked then but I haven't tried it in this instance. I was waiting to see what the problem was before going through all that. It usually takes several tries to get the timing just right.

Is there an email address where I can send a copy of the sequence?

keith wrote:

Thanks Bob,

The error message appears in the middle of my second screen in front of the animation. The box is titled "Error Skewing Track" and is totally see through otherwise. I don't know how much I need to skew so I tried several settings (.05, .3 etc). The result was always the same. It needs to skew left but I tried both directions...Same result.

There are no loops in the sequence. And, I have used the other method in the pre-skew track era. It always worked then but I haven't tried it in this instance. I was waiting to see what the problem was before going through all that. It usually takes several tries to get the timing just right.

Is there an email address where I can send a copy of the sequence?

Suggestion, try making a new sequence with only the audio file in question and see if you can skew the timing and stills play.