Light-O-Rama Forums

Pirates of the Carribean

LENNY RUEL

Has anyone done anything with something off the soundtracks for any of the Pirates movies? I have the tracks for Curse Of The Black Pearl and Dead Mans Chest and I'm thinking of sequencing something up just to throw in something different. If so, what songs and do you have a link I can see how it looks?

My plan is to try to have between 20-24 songs for next year.

Done so far:

Wizards In Winter & Christmas Canon

To do tentavely:

Christmas Canon Rock, Wish Liszt, Christmas Eve Sarajevo, and Siberian Sleigh Ride

Where are you Christmas? and Christmas, Why Can't I find you?

Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, Little Drummer Boy (Bob Seger)

Disney's Believe in Holiday Magic

Most Wondeful Time of the Year, White Christmas, Santa Clause is Coming to Town

Carol of the Bells, Deck the Halls, The Holly and the Ivy

Oh come all Ye Faithful (Twisted Sister)

At least 2 off Polar Express and something from Pirates

Pretty ambicious, I know.... but at 64 channels not a major undertaking.

And If I add more channels next year my Mega tree will go from one color on 16 channels to three before anything else changes so that wouldn't be to hard to adjust the sequences I'm setting up now for this next season. Looking like about 90 minutes run time so I plan to set the schedule to run it three times per night. Also thinking about getting the Demented Elf to do my intros.

Lenny

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Has anyone done anything with something off the soundtracks for any of the Pirates movies? I have the tracks for Curse Of The Black Pearl and Dead Mans Chest and I'm thinking of sequencing something up just to throw in something different. If so, what songs and do you have a link I can see how it look

Check this out http://www.lindsaylights.com/Videos/2007_Videos/index.html

Tim Herberger wrote:

LENNY RUEL wrote:
Has anyone done anything with something off the soundtracks for any of the Pirates movies? I have the tracks for Curse Of The Black Pearl and Dead Mans Chest and I'm thinking of sequencing something up just to throw in something different. If so, what songs and do you have a link I can see how it look

Check this out http://www.lindsaylights.com/Videos/2007_Videos/index.html

I just started playing the video when my 10 year old walked by and said 'Hey Dad, why are you playing Pirates of the Caribbean'. Then he walked in and saw the video and said, 'Hey Dad, how come our display doesn't look that good!'

He then left stating that only a light nerd would be looking at Christmas lights after Christmas. Gotta love them kids!

Then he walked in and saw the video and said, 'Hey Dad, how come our display doesn't look that good!'

Because you're not sponsored:cool:

Maybe/maybe not your cup of tea, but if you like fast, this is He's A Pirate by DJ Tiesto off POTC: Dead Man's Chest remixes.

Halloween mix (POTC Ride Music mixed with Tiesto's He's a Pirate):

And then 2008 Christmas, a 3 min version of He's A Pirate (not the Radio Edit that has Jack Suite mixed in):
(its not a complete video, I chopped off the last 20 seconds because 3 cars drove up and parked.....at 3am, the 2nd week of JANUARY!!! and then the fireflys started freaking out so I couldn't film it again)

Im not a Tiesto or POTC fan in the least, ahhh the club days before kids..........:)

He then left stating that only a light nerd would be looking at Christmas lights after Christmas. Gotta love them kids!

That is the single best quote of the year!

Got to agree with you on that. Light Nerd is THE best so far.

Thanks for the links!!
BTW, I had seen the bossgroove thread quite a while back and had tried to get his sequence since he was offering along with the music with it being his remix. But I haven't heard anything back so figure he got bombed with requests when he put it out there and decided it was way to much trouble to keep doing it, or he isn't on the forum anymore. I have the sound tracks but like to see how peoples beats are set up on their sequences. That's about all I'll ever use anymore as with how my lights are set up for next year it pretty much needs to be sequenced on my own. If some one has a single color 16 channel Mega Tree I might use their sequence for that.
But I haven't seen much in 9 channel arches and with the house being 4 zones in three seperate colors along with most of my other stuff I may use one channel here or there and copy and paste to get balance ( I like Balance) It's still pretty much from 1st base. I like to keep everything in 4's or muliples off that since it goes in to 16. The exception was the arches at 9, had to have that center "Clap" ability.

Lenny

my mega arch is a 9 channel arch. If that helps at all........

I can email you whatever you want if you want to just look at it.

either way, no biggie

Baronn, sounds good to me. I'm guessing we can get the DJ Tiesto mix on line someplace in MP3 if that's the way I decide to go? Thanks.

Lenny

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Baronn, sounds good to me. I'm guessing we can get the DJ Tiesto mix on line someplace in MP3 if that's the way I decide to go? Thanks.

Lenny

send me your email. I chopped the songs with audacity (its actually 7 minutes) so you will need my version,

I really enjoyed watching the Pirates of Lindsay lights in 2007 it totally inspired me to do something different and not Christmasy.

So in 2008 I did this Song

It's from Sinbad and was really fun to do!
-Evan

NWSanta wrote:

I really enjoyed watching the Pirates of Lindsay lights in 2007 it totally inspired me to do something different and not Christmasy.

http://vimeo.com/2536040

-Evan

Hey Evan!!!

What camera do you use??? It was beautiful!!!!

Eric

NWSanta wrote:

-Evan

Hey Evan!!!

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

That was a huge song list... gave me a panic attack...

My goal has been to edit the songs down whenever possible. I also have a lot of short snipits like Space Jam (or Madagascar 'move it' as the younger kids say). More variety and keep it moving.

I used a 30 second snipit of Christmas Vacation music in the beginning of a voiceover, and I had 100's of request for more of that song....

I also have edited down a piece by Boston Pops, that I think will appeal to some of the older folks... Keep putting it off....

I wanted to do the Pirate piece as it was so awesome on lindsaylights, but never got around to it....

thebaronn wrote:

NWSanta wrote:

-Evan

Hey Evan!!!

Eric

Hey Eric,

Sorry been a while since I've been in this section. My Camera is a Panasonic TZ5. It's actually a point and shoot Digital camera but, records video in HD!!!

It does "OK" with digital pictures but, like most Point shoots it lacks in an indoor setting but, it's movie modes and multiple different settings plus it's 10 x Optical Zoom make up for it!
All in all it was a great upgrade from my Canon S1.

-Evan