Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence editor won't open

Tim P

Hi All,

I don't know where to start, hope someone can help. I left my display up and have been waiting for a decent snow to get some good vids and pics. Weel, the snow came tonight and for the first time I am expiriencing a problem. I just ran a song last week, and all was fine.

Anyway, Any thoughts??

Thanks

Tim

Sorry, you gotta give us a clue as to what is happening or not happening. What version are you running, some versions expired at the end of January, I think.

when I click on the icon "Sequence Editor" I see am hour glass for a quick 1/2 second and then nothing.

I normally click on the "Sequence editor" icon and I hear a beep and a box opens up, then I hit "OK", then the actual editor opens up.

T

ahh, something new out that I missed in the last few days??

This may sound silly, since I haven't downloaded anything in a long time, I'm not even sure where to start that process. Don't laugh, or sigh for that matter.

Thanks

If you have not upgraded since around early December, you need to upgrade. 2.0.16 expired the Feb 1st, and the current version is 2.1.6. I know several people who got the two version numbers confused...

Yes, everything should be right where you left it.

There are new shimmer and twinkle options in the newest version that won't work in your yard until you download new firmware to your controllers, but everything you had should work just the same as it did before without needing to download the new firmware at this time. You'll need to do it for your 2009 show, however...

ok, that is where I put it. still nothing. If I click on the update file icon, and then click on "run" , it says the program "is not a valid win 32 application".

I am so lame I can't get this stuff by myself.

T

That error usually indicates that you did not get a full download of the file. The full file should be about 25Meg. If you only got a few hundred K, it did not fully download. Sometimes you can just retry the download and get it to work. Other times you may need to delete the file from the browser cache before it will actually try to download it again.

Delete the file that did download on your other attempts....if it is not of the about 25m then you did not get the entire thing. ALSO, when the download completes the computer is doing a save from the temp file that it downloads to, to the more permanent file. Give it a little bit of time to allow the computer to complete.

Another thing that can cause the error that I recall from reading on the forums. It seems that windows media player can cause the error. Check and download as needed.

Chuck

In this case I would suggest that you give LOR a call.

Did you at any time use the demo?

Might have to wipe out all of LOR, run the regwipe application and reinstall your first purchased version the upgrade.

Chuck