Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX for Dummies

thebaronn

I need to get versed on DMX and what its capable of for my monster Halloween Display. So if there a DMX for Dummies of any book you could recommend I buy?

I really know nothing at all. But I did buy the iDMX, lol! Just in case!

Eric

Eric,

I have a presentation I did for our local mini last year. I would be willing to share it with you. It is a good start. I knew very little about DMX until last year when I started playing and researching, DMX/LOR2 etc... Not that I am an expert by any means now, but I do have a better understanding having gone through that and used DMX in 2008.

Send me your email address and I can forward to you a PDF copy. Then answer questions.

Regarding Halloween, you can control light fixtures, strobes, fog machines etc... You have a large selection of cool DMX fixtures you can control.

BTW, where in South SJ are you? My corporate headquarters is at Montague and 880.

zman wrote:

Eric,

I have a presentation I did for our local mini last year. I would be willing to share it with you. It is a good start. I knew very little about DMX until last year when I started playing and researching, DMX/LOR2 etc... Not that I am an expert by any means now, but I do have a better understanding having gone through that and used DMX in 2008.

Send me your email address and I can forward to you a PDF copy. Then answer questions.

Regarding Halloween, you can control light fixtures, strobes, fog machines etc... You have a large selection of cool DMX fixtures you can control.

BTW, where in South SJ are you? My corporate headquarters is at Montague and 880.

WOW! Small world! South San Jose where Lawrence expressway becomes Quito right at the edge of Los Gatos/Saratoga

A good area with no HOA! LOL!!!

Eric

happyholidayhome@yahoo.com

• The topic was locked