Light-O-Rama Forums

After download...says i'm still running demo version

Dave Zent

bisquit476 wrote:

Did you uninstall the demo version before running the downloaded version?

Yes sir that is what I had to do...... uninstall the demo version......it took me 3 tries before it clicked in ( then I thought why not uninstall the demo) and now I am running a great software version 2.

I am a newbie to LOR as I was a AL user before, but I am learning the software on my own and when I need help I ask......and I get help.

Dave Zent wrote:

Yeah ....uh......I missed that one. Any chance there is a light o rama for dummies book??

Ya well I guess I would need one too! At 1st the software I purchased from LOR (version 1.6.15) simply took over the Demo so I could run lights but when I tried to download v2 it wouldn't let me, but once the demo and all other LOR stuff was removed, I downloaded the software again, upgraded to V2 and it has been great.

I received sequences from a couple of people, found web sites that contain LOR sequences for sharing and I have been working on sequences the past week.

The cut and paste is kinda coool. With AL's AD software I did all 48 channels by hand with no cut and paste, but I found some good sequences that will do just fine with the cut and paste trick.

This week I should get my 2nd PC controller. Started adding the wires to the 1st controller this evening.

In about two weeks time I will purchase another PC controller....I should have the 7 I want by the end of July.

I still could use that book just to learn all the gizmo's on the LOR V2 software.

Dave Zent wrote:

Yeah ....uh......I missed that one. Any chance there is a light o rama for dummies book??

We do better than that around these parts, this is Light O Rama for Dummies Forum. It's much easier and more pointed toward your specific problem, just ask away someone will know the answer. Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers
Daryl B.

grump010 wrote:

We do better than that around these parts, this is Light O Rama for Dummies Forum. It's much easier and more pointed toward your specific problem, just ask away someone will know the answer. Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers
Daryl B.

Well in a couple of months I hope to get back to Christmaslights.ca and see John and hopefully we can share our LOR adventure together.

My second LOR controller should be here Wednesday, and as I said I hope to buy another 1 in two weeks time....maybe sooner if that monthly bonus comes in....not big but will help to pay off the 2nd controller with some money added to it.

I don't like putting more than $400.00 on the credit card....that is why I do 1 controller at a time. So I pay it off in 1 month and buy another. So in a week or two I should be able to buy controller number 3.

Daryl are you still going to share a few sequences with me?

Yesterday I was there....... very quite but I think it will perk up in about 1 month. One I get a few more controllers in and figure a bit more on the software I will be there more offen again, and John should be back there then as well.

Now that you, John, myself and a few others have more things in commend like the same controllers will help.