Light-O-Rama Forums

Two Quick Questions....

chowell

First, is there a way to copy an entire row without clicking and dragging to the end of the sequence?

Second, I use .10 intervals and when I use the tapper wizard, where there is a beat will show as .05 intervals in some spots, and then .10 everywhere else. The problem is, it makes it impossible to cut and paste horizontally because they do not match. Is there a way to fix or avoid that?

Thanks much.
Corey

chowell wrote:

First, is there a way to copy an entire row without clicking and dragging to the end of the sequence?

Second, I use .10 intervals and when I use the tapper wizard, where there is a beat will show as .05 intervals in some spots, and then .10 everywhere else. The problem is, it makes it impossible to cut and paste horizontally because they do not match. Is there a way to fix or avoid that?

Thanks much.
Corey

Hopefully im right, but click the beginning of the sequence then press ctrl, alt, and end at the same time, and it take you to the end of the sequence. Keep holing down shift and you can highlight whatever you want.

If you are already using the tapper wizard, I would suggest not breaking your sequence down into .10 and .05. Just do your taps and go from there. If you subdivide every beat into 4 then cut and paste is very easy.

Hope Im answering this correctly

Eric

chowell wrote:

Thanks much.
Corey

When pasting horizontally and the cell count don't match. Try and set the paste mode to "past by time".

You could use "duplicate track" without duplicating timing. Then use the tapper wizard in the new track without effecting the .10 timing marks in the original track.

If you are doing lots of copying and pasting of one row to another you could also use the "duplicate track" without duplicating timing then when you clicked a row the entire row would be selected because there are not timing marks.

Ctrl, Alt, End did not work when I tried it. Clicking the beginning of the row you want selected and using Shift, End at the same time worked. But it also moves the entire grid too the end. Another option would be to select the row you want selected and click "edit" then "select" "row(s)". This will select the entire row without moving the grid.

There may be another short cut key way to select a whole row without the grid moving to the end.

btw I use tracks extensivily in my programming. I used 27 tracks programming this year with not problems at all. I usually have my "master track" and the duplicate it and the either delete all the channels that I do not want in the 'new track' and do all my programming in the 'new track'.

Paul Roberson wrote:

chowell wrote:

Thanks much.
Corey

When pasting horizontally and the cell count don't match. Try and set the paste mode to "past by time".

Ctrl, Alt, End did not work when I tried it. Clicking the beginning of the row you want selected and using Shift, End at the same time worked. But it also moves the entire grid too the end. Another option would be to select the row you want selected and click "edit" then "select" "row(s)". This will select the entire row without moving the grid.

There may be another short cut key way to select a whole row without the grid moving to the end.

I didnt work because I am an idiot: shift, ctrl, end jumps from whatever cell you are at to the end of the sequence.

LOL!

And you are awake entirely tooooooo early!!!!!!

thebaronn wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
chowell wrote:

Thanks much.
Corey

I didnt work because I am an idiot: shift, ctrl, end jumps from whatever cell you are at to the end of the sequence.

LOL!

And you are awake entirely tooooooo early!!!!!!

Looks like shift, ctrl, end does the same thing as shift, end. They both jump to the end of the sequence, but do select the entire row that was clicked on at the beginning of the sequence.

ctrl, alt, end does something alltogether different. LOL

I could not remember what the key combination was either. I had to open a sequence and try it. LOL

If you want the complete row you can click Edit->Select->Row (there should be a hot key and I am not sure if there is one but we will add one if there is not).

If you only want part of a row then: Click on the starting cell then move to the end of your selection using the scroll bars. Holding the shift key click on the ending cell.

Dan

If you want the complete row you can click Edit->Select->Row (there should be a hot key and I am not sure if there is one but we will add one if there is not).

I think the fastest way, currently, is two keystrokes: (1) Home; (2) Shift-End.

Alternatively, the Edit->Select->Row that you mention can be done in three: (1) Alt-E; (2) S; (3) R.

• 2 years later...