Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy/Paste Timing Question

BryanLeggo

Since the beats in music aren't precisely equal I'm wondering what the value of the "Copy Timing" and "Paste Timing" functions are. Do any of you use these functions? And if so, how are they used? Copying timing from one "measure" of music is clearly not the same for 10 measures later.

I use copy and past timing to copy and past into a different track.

I use about 21 tracks while sequencing. Some have different timing and some have the same timing with different channels and or channel arrangement.

I've seen someone say here that there's a difference between tracks and channels so maybe I'm unclear on this. Are tracks groups of channels? And can track events differ within one sequence?

Keep in mind that I'm using the Demo version so if it's a LOR 2 feature I'm in the dark.

BryanLeggo wrote:

I've seen someone say here that there's a difference between tracks and channels so maybe I'm unclear on this. Are tracks groups of channels? And can track events differ within one sequence?

Keep in mind that I'm using the Demo version so if it's a LOR 2 feature I'm in the dark.

Yes it is an LOR 2 feature.

Tracks are or can be groups of channels or all your channels in a different order.

I have and keep a 'master track', this track contains all my channels in their sequential order that they are hooked to the controllers. The channels maintain their configuration. Like for example Controller #1 Channel #2 is "Red Mini 2". When I move "Red Mini 2" to a different order in another track it will maintain its configuration of Controller #1 Channel #2.

From there I do a "duplicate track". I will name this duplicate track for example "right/left sweep". In this track I would rearrange the display items controlled by the channels into a right to left order.

I would do the same with a top(roof)/bottom(ground closest to the road) track arraigning the display items controlled by channels in a top to bottom fashion.

Tracks can also be used to just have the timing marks different. My 'master track' could have timing marks of .05. I could do a duplicate track (name it 'tapper track') and use the same channel order but use the tapper to put timing marks into the 'tapper track'.

When you add lighting commands to "Red Mini 2" no matter what track you are in the command will be placed into the "Red Mini 2" column in every track that it is in.

Maybe this is not too confusing.:D