Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 scheduler

Guest guest

I have read that I will need to use a timer and power brick to power the MP3 player, which in no problem. I am really confused about the lack of a real time scheduler tho. Will I be able to set up a schedule for a show with a song list? or is this something I will have to wait to do after the firmware upgrade. Also if this is the case I think I can stilll run this box off of my pc? right?

The MP3 Director card has a real-time clock with a super-gel backup capacitor. What is missing is firmware in the card to use the real-time clock and software on the PC to control set the sechedule.

The reason that we do not have the firmware/PC software avialable now is that it is tied into LOR II which has not been released. This functionality will be avialable for this Christmas Season. For those who already have an MP3 Director, they will need to update the firmware which is free and takes about 1 minute.

Wow! super fast answer! Thanks Dan.
so once the firmware is released everything will be okay. I will be able to dump the entire show to the SD card and the box will do its thing.

Nealius wrote:

Wow! super fast answer! Thanks Dan.
so once the firmware is released everything will be okay. I will be able to dump the entire show to the SD card and the box will do its thing.

That is correct with the new firmware the scheduler will be included and you will not need to turn it on and off externally.