Light-O-Rama Forums

Cool tree

Jeff 1S.A.H.D.

Thanks Tyler. I can't wait to show my 'boss lady" that video - the lighted pole for the mega tree is exactly what she suggested we should try this year and we wondered how it would look. Now that I know how cool it is, we just might have to join probably a hundred other people and copy it this year.

Here's a pic i took of the mega tree at disney for the osbourne lights.It was 60 to 70 ft tall and had smaller red and green trees inside it. It was pretty impressive although on their unlimited budget it should be.

Attached files 170784=9799-megatree.jpg

dakotasbub wrote:

Here's a pic i took of the mega tree at disney for the osbourne lights.It was 60 to 70 ft tall and had smaller red and green trees inside it. It was pretty impressive although on their unlimited budget it should be.

I wish I had an unlimited budget. sigh:(.

-tyler

The display that is at Disney was from the Osborne family. I think the only thing that Disney is doing is switching it over to LED and then adding the animation to it. Can you imagine the 5,000,000 light on a couple of houses.

Oh YA, The Osborne family lights at Disney was the ultimate show for me i walked around the streets and watched it for a couple of hrs and took over 100 pictures, and yes that was a huge mega tree.

Jeff 1S.A.H.D. wrote:

Like how they did a different take on the mega tree

Jeff

The person who did this show according to the news and an employee at christmas kingdom informs me that the only thing he did was pick up a phone and pay the money, but had other people do all the work, his wife used to do the displays on the house and he decided to go one step further.....

I'd say you're right... modest fellow too..

40,000 LEDs, more than 5kms of cabling and 176 channels of light synchronised to music, all sponsored by Messages On Hold.com.au - and www.worldsgreatestbusinessmind.com

yer sponsored by messages on hold only because he owns it.... :)

just doesn't go with the christmas spirit of things if this is the case, the whole doing it yourself is part of what it's all about.....not paying someone just because you can.

Robin wrote:

I have a tree on my website that anyone can do. It is a little different but just a nut to program.

hay Robin how did you do that

also on " That's How They Do It In Dixie" what is that thing to the left , and what is the snow man doing LOL, looks like for a second he was well, peeing
( son ask )

thanks

Jeff