Light-O-Rama Forums

cut and paste

friskybri

I was wondering if there was a sequence at .10 spacing and I want to start a new sequence in .05 spacing. I went to cut some parts from the .10 sequence and when I put it in the new sequence that is .05 its half the time. Is there anyway that it can be done. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say. Say take one minute from the .10 and when I stick it in the new sequence its about 30 seconds. Why does it not copy the same amount of time vs the amount of blocks.

The way I did this was to open the new sequence with the .05 timing. Then, select one row of the NEW sequence, open Edit, and select copy timing. Go to the OLD sequence with the .10 timing and highlight the first block, go to Edit, and Paste timing. Select all the way to the end of the sequence both horizontally and vertically. This will change your old sequence to .05 timing. Then, copy whatever you want from the old sequence and paste it into your new sequence. There may be a simpler way to do this, but this is what worked for me.

Under edit is Paste Mode. Set it to paste by time instead of cell.

then you can create your sequence in .05 timing and copy and paste the entire thing into the new sequence easily.

ohhh thank you thank you thank you. That was so easy. Now I know when I see sequences and they don't start on the front of the cell. Every day I play with this software I learn something new.