Light-O-Rama Forums

Starting to set up sequences for next years expansion?

LENNY RUEL

Have a question I'm needing some help with...

I'm going to start playing with getting next years sequences set up and am making a jump from 16 to 64 channels. I know I can go in Sequence Editor and set up 64 channels with out having the controlers yet in the channel property grid. My question is, rather than going in and doing this from scratch is it easier to say go to the LOR sequence site and bring in "Christmas With A Capitol C" off the user new sub S2 list which is 64 channels, go in to channels property grid and reconfigure and title them for my arrangement? Then I would edit-export config etc and have it there to import to do all of my sequences with, right?

Thanks

Lenny

I would start fresh. It isn't that difficult or time consuming to set up.

And by starting fresh, you are less likely to overlook a pre-set channel that you import.

In other words, you do not have to worry about missing a channel and then ending up with duplicates in your sequence.

just my opinion

I prefer to keep a correct configuration file for my setup... then rearrange the channels of the new sequence into the appropriate order for my setup (drag)... then apply my configuration.
S

Lenny, here is my suggestion.

Make sure all the channels in your existing sequence are in the same order.

In one sequence, add the new channels to the bottom of the sequence. Make your channels assignments, names, colors, etc. Save the configuration. Open each sequence and import the new configuration. Then, you can rearrange the channels in a manner that makes to you.

You have to do it this way because the configuration file is based on position not channel name. If you add a new channel in the middle of a sequence, export and re-import that configuration into a different sequence, that newly added channel will overwrite the previous channel that occupied that spot.

Dave:
That's kind of what I did. I opened my Wizards in Winter for 16 and went to the channel configuration and added 48 more with all the info including the name etc, like House Front/ Red 1. Saved and exported it. Then I brought in a 32 channel that looked good as it had about 20 channels I could use with very little adjustment and the timing was spot on, which is why I like to use that as my starting point. The beats, timings are done. I then imported my configuration and started to fill in the blanks. Took about 5 hours to do the first minute, so I can see where a lot of you are coming from with the hour per minute per controller time line. I'm just getting to the tougher part now, as a lot more of the boxes are in the 10th second size. Early on they are about half and half with a short box followed by a longer one. Don't know how that looks on an arch or a mega tree. The short boxes work good for everything else with having the long one behind it since you can turn the channel on in the short one and fade them off in the longer one. Getting better with cut/paste and copy/paste. Not understanding yet what toggle does or how to adjust/set intensity and fades but I'm getting a pretty good handle on the rest of it.

Lenny