Light-O-Rama Forums

issue upgrading firmware

johnny christmas

i tried to do this during the season but i lost contact with controller 1 so i tried it again today while everything is over

so i updated the firmware from 4.01 to 4.03 so i could do the blinky blinky fade...tried to control the lights via HWU and got nothing (the controller was seen on the list when i hit refresh) so i tried again in the sequencer and still got nothing...downgraded to 4.01 and all works again

the other 4 controllers all took the upgrade during the season and worked but not controller 1 so i know its not a partial file or anything...3 of the controllers are ctb16d blue boards and the other 2 are the pc16's...controller 1 is a ctb16d

whats going on?

Aren't there 2 different versions of the firmware, 1 for the PC board and 1 for the D board? I may be wrong? Did you try a reset of the board and then a retry of the firmware update?

And there are different versions for the 16D blue boards and the 16D green boards. I just checked the firmware directory and yes there are seperate versions for the 16D versions and the 16PC.

Chuck

i used the appropriate upgrades...i have 3 of the same board and 2 of the same board...the one that doesnt work is of the 3...the other 2 of that 3 worked...just that one of 3 didnt

cmoore60 wrote:

And there are different versions for the 16D blue boards and the 16D green boards.

Chuck

yes, and i did the blue boards...if i tried the green it wouldnt allow it to go thru

2.1.6 now during my last attempt and 2.1.2 during the season

this is my 2nd year running LOR so i dont think im a rookie making rookie mistakes...when 2 out of 3 of the same controllers work, then that tells me its not on my end

i even did the one controller connected at a time method during upgrade so thats not it

I would contact LOR. I upgraded 13 of my 14 controllers. MY #1 controller wouldn't upgrade. I tried everything. I even told it only one controller hooked up and tried to force it to take the upgraded, Hardware utility just couldn't find. it. I emailed LOR they responded at lightning speed tried a couple of thing that i already tried. Now they told me to ship it to them. It is on the way.

redsea300 wrote:

I would contact LOR. I upgraded 13 of my 14 controllers. MY #1 controller wouldn't upgrade. I tried everything. I even told it only one controller hooked up and tried to force it to take the upgraded, Hardware utility just couldn't find. it. I emailed LOR they responded at lightning speed tried a couple of thing that i already tried. Now they told me to ship it to them. It is on the way.

its not that it didnt take the upgrade...after i did the upgrade i hit the refresh, it found the 5 controllers (i hooked them all back up together after upgrading them) and all 5 controllers had the upgraded version on the list...BUT controller 1 stopped working EVEN though the HWU saw the controller...when i down gradded that one controller it worked again

I would reset that controller first ( power off, set unit id switches to 00, power on for 3 to 5 seconds then power off and set the unit ID back to "01").

Then try to re-download the new firmware.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

I would reset that controller first ( power off, set unit id switches to 00, power on for 3 to 5 seconds then power off and set the unit ID back to "01").

Then try to re-download the new firmware.

Dan

ok, ill go try that now...gonna go outside for a smoke anyway lol...will post back