issue upgrading firmware

i tried to do this during the season but i lost contact with controller 1 so i tried it again today while everything is over

so i updated the firmware from 4.01 to 4.03 so i could do the blinky blinky fade...tried to control the lights via HWU and got nothing (the controller was seen on the list when i hit refresh) so i tried again in the sequencer and still got nothing...downgraded to 4.01 and all works again

the other 4 controllers all took the upgrade during the season and worked but not controller 1 so i know its not a partial file or anything...3 of the controllers are ctb16d blue boards and the other 2 are the pc16's...controller 1 is a ctb16d

whats going on?

2.1.6 now during my last attempt and 2.1.2 during the season

this is my 2nd year running LOR so i dont think im a rookie making rookie mistakes...when 2 out of 3 of the same controllers work, then that tells me its not on my end

i even did the one controller connected at a time method during upgrade so thats not it

I would contact LOR. I upgraded 13 of my 14 controllers. MY #1 controller wouldn't upgrade. I tried everything. I even told it only one controller hooked up and tried to force it to take the upgraded, Hardware utility just couldn't find. it. I emailed LOR they responded at lightning speed tried a couple of thing that i already tried. Now they told me to ship it to them. It is on the way.

redsea300 wrote:

I would contact LOR. I upgraded 13 of my 14 controllers. MY #1 controller wouldn't upgrade. I tried everything. I even told it only one controller hooked up and tried to force it to take the upgraded, Hardware utility just couldn't find. it. I emailed LOR they responded at lightning speed tried a couple of thing that i already tried. Now they told me to ship it to them. It is on the way.

its not that it didnt take the upgrade...after i did the upgrade i hit the refresh, it found the 5 controllers (i hooked them all back up together after upgrading them) and all 5 controllers had the upgraded version on the list...BUT controller 1 stopped working EVEN though the HWU saw the controller...when i down gradded that one controller it worked again