Light-O-Rama Forums

What Lowe,s offered me

Speakefamily

It's a good deal if you have a need for them. It's not a good deal if you don't. You could always try to sell them (would probably have better luck at the beginning of the season). It's still cheaper than buying at full price.

If its the GE brand, I think full price was $3.99 each. If its the other brand (cant remember the name...redish box) I think those were like $2.39 each. Either way, its a great discount.

They also carried GE Constant-On which were $7.99 each. Who would pay $8 a pop for 100ct mini's? Only way I would pay that much if they guarantee them for life.

Go back and offer them .30 a box with the $180 in cash hand. If they bite it will save you an additional $60. My local Wally world is getting desparate with all their stock still on the shelves and is making all kinds of deals as long as they think you are serious. And nothing shows your serious than to be holding a wad of cash in your hand while you are talking to the manager.

Panteradon wrote:

There has been nothing left in Houston for a couple of weeks now. Nothing.

Shoot, the Pasadena Lowes had NO Christmas items at all before Christmas even passed. I couldn't believe it. They just had a few rubbermaid tubs that were not on sale.

crackchecker wrote:

Go back and offer them .30 a box with the $180 in cash hand. If they bite it will save you an additional $60. My local Wally world is getting desparate with all their stock still on the shelves and is making all kinds of deals as long as they think you are serious. And nothing shows your serious than to be holding a wad of cash in your hand while you are talking to the manager.

I went and offered them .30 a box and the manager said she was giving me a deal at .40 a box now. So I just bought 200 boxes, they have 418 boxes left and I told her to call me when it go down to .25 a box. She said if they are still here in February.

Harold