Light-O-Rama Forums

computer

Guest guest

To run the actual show, you don't need much of a computer at all. Almost any old beater running windows 98 or up will work. As long as you have enough disk space for your files and a serial port. I got a computer for $25 from my brother but did have to install a serial port on it. It only had one and I needed two to run X10 also.

To do sequencing work, you probably want a machine with a bit more gas and a decent graphics card because the sequencing program uses a lot more resources and it will run clunky on a slow machine.

Be careful... I had an old computer running win98 with Dasher. It worked ok.

I installed LOR, and the sequences could not keep up with the processor. Maybe I didn't have enough memory, but because it was an old PC, I could not add anymore memory.

Download the free version and run a quick sequence to see if it will work.

John Pidliskey wrote:

I installed LOR, and the sequences could not keep up with the processor. Maybe I didn't have enough memory, but because it was an old PC, I could not add anymore memory.

Download the free version and run a quick sequence to see if it will work.

Please note that the fee version only includes the Sequence Editor. The PC that performs the show does not have to have the Sequence Editor on it. The show player software that actually runs the show uses a fraction of the CPU power required by the Sequence Editor.

I have used the software successfully on a 350Mhz machine.