Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor Box Idea

Guest guest

I wrote asking about a box, well im going to tackle it myself,

Picture This

The wall is going to have a sheet of plywood set off the brick with 2x4's to breath.

Im going to build boxes with 2x4's sides and nail/screw them to the plywood. So im going to have 8 squares on the plywood open face. Haven’t thought about the bottom yet, maybe holes or leave it open.

Now for the doors, Plexiglas. Maybe drill some holes around the sides and hinge it to the boxes.

Paint it all a deep green and have the boxes wired down to outlets which will be labeled.

Another cool thing maybe to add Plexiglas with the receptacle fronts. Like the backing plates will be white and behind them will be clear. Maybe not, if its not clean it would look bad so it may be wood.

Oh on the plexi have it numbered with vinyl numbers as to which board is what.

I can get free 2x4's all day long

Its in the basement for the record

What ya think? Seen it before? Thanks Jordan

Sounds fine, if it were outdoors I would suggest not, but in the basement that would be good.

I have seen some like this, not the exact same.

It doesnt even have to be plexi, from experience, it is hard to cut and can crack easy. Also expensive. You could go with wood or even coro for the front although it wouldnt be see through. Try to pick a light material, easy for mounting.

Although, yes it will work fine the way you say.

*Thumbs up* <<
Oh, one more not, if you have the controllers kind of stacked like this:

[] [] []

[] [] []

Then it is more difficult to run the cords from the top ones down unless you have alot of spacing between controllers.

You could also do it like this:

[] [] [] [] [] []

That would be an easy way to hook up, they dont even really need to be spaced, out. Less than an inch between would be fine.

You could have dual doors for that like:

[__][__]

Ok... I am done drawing.

Zac

Plxi is cheap and im going to have alot of space between them, I want to do the stacked BUT can i put the boards upside down? (fixed)

{lor} {lor} {lor} {lor}

[][][][] [][][][] [][][][] [][][][] Two rows of 4

[][][][] [][][][] [][][][] [][][][] Two rows of 4

{lor} {lor} {lor} {lor}

inbetween the red and blue will be a chanel of cords like a shelf

I want it to look good, i know its not needed but im a neat freak and last year was well a mess. It will give me somthing to do till...

Jordan, the yellow cords that you see are 12 amp extension cords that I cut the female end off and wired to the boards so I have six pigtails that I plug into two 20 amp circuits. The plugs are wired with #12 wire. I daisey chained cat5 red cables between the boards. Let me know if you need more information.

warcraft wrote:

Jim Patterson wrote:
And more

that looks nice

what kind of wood are u using?

It is made with plywood and 2x4's but I put two coats of paint and a clear sealer on.

I also used silicone caulk on all joints.

Jordan Marosell wrote:

I want to do the stacked BUT can i punt the boards upside down?

If you PUNT your boards (upsidedown or otherwize) they will likely break. If not from the actual PUNT then when they hit the ground. PUNTing your boards is not recommended.

TED

Who plays football with an LOR controller? Yes, you can mount a controller anywhere you want as long as it wont get wet. All it is is a circut board and your TV remote is a circut board so... compare to two.

--Daniel L

(PLEASE DO NOT toss around your controller like a remote!)