Light-O-Rama Forums

Question for Dan with youtube issue and entering the contest

LENNY RUEL

Dan:

I know you have been keeping a close eye on the forums in regards to the current youtube issue with blocking videos. Apparently the are even removing older ones as well. A couple weeks back you mentioned looking at another site next year but it was too late to make a change this year.

Question is how are we entering the random contest with them pulling or blocking everything? I tried a couple last night at a relatives house so in case we had problems I could start over from scratch at home and it was no go. I have a dozen videos I wanted to submit for the random contest.

By the way our choice for your LOR general contest should be getting submitted this weekend. Thanks.

Lenny

I agree. Out of the 6 videos I uploaded, 3 were rejected right away. This contest needs to be changed around to allow everyone to have a fair chance of winning.

Doesn't look like it. As he said earlier, next year he'll need to come up with something else but it was to late to change it for this year. We gave up any way now as we are having way to much trouble getting the video to play decent or look decent let alone submitting it. Plus it is the 16th today so I guess contest entry numbers will probably be down some. It sounds like some that are contesting the problem with Youtube are having some success while others are not. Since I take decent photos maybe I think I'll go that route. I though one of the contests took photos as well although I think you are at a disadvantage. If I'm judging and I have a still shot of a house and a 3 minute video I know what I'm going to look at more.

Lenny

As I said on another post I had the same problem with U-tube & went to Vimeo & no problem uploading or viewing my videos. You can also embed your video in your personal website. Here is the link if interested. I know it will not be in the contest but at least we can see them.

http://www.vimeo.com/

Mike