Light-O-Rama Forums

Standalone Mode

Guest guest

Question. When you put a LOR controller in standalone mode, will it still accept commands from the RS-485 network? Here's the scoop

I have a 16 channel controller that I'll use for my snowball fight animation. I'm using 14 of the 16 channels. I'll set the controller to a standalone sequence which runs when power is applied. Channels 15 and 16 are NOT in this sequence. Will the controller respond to commands for those 2 channels (assuming the power is applied) even though it's running in standalone mode? I'm actually thinking of setting this up as an input trigger instead of power on if the other 2 channels can be used as standard channels. I have a channel on another controller set to power this one on, but if I can use the other 2 channels, I'll set it to input trigger and use a relay off that channel to trip the input of the 16 channel controller running standalone.

If this makes any sense to someone and you know the answer, I'd appreciate confirmation that this will work before I waste time doing it. Thanks.

I have to check a few things out. It might work. The unit is listening to the PC when it is running in standalone mode. However this listening was so that it could talk with the Hardware Utility. I will play with it today