Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR or Animated Lighting

Guest guest

Since I am a newbie to all of this I was wondering the benefits of LOR vs AL. I have read a bunch about both but I am not sure which to purchase. I have spent a lot of time designing my layout and the effects I want to creat this season but I still am uncertain whether I should go with the LOR or AL? The layout I am planning will need around 80 channels if I am calculating correctly.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously, you'll get most people in this forum recommending LOR ... as will I.

I'd suggest you look at the count of messages in each forum (which you can see on the main topic list) to indicate how active the forums are (which suggests how much support you can expect from other users, and perhaps the manufacturer).

And if you read the topics you'll get a feel for how active the manufacturer is and responsive to user questions.

I chose LOR two years ago and am delighted with my choice. It's been a terrific experience and every year gets better.

LSM,

Without knowing it you just posed the quesiton no one wants to touch! Both are great and have their advantages. Go with which ever one you are more comfortable with. By the way, you have a private message from me.

Jeff

Rick is right, most people in this forum are going to recommend LOR.

I do as well, given that it's worked well for me, and at a price I can afford.

Each controller is going to pretty much the same thing. It's really a matter of which company you feel more comfortable with.

Last year I had AL, this year and the ones following will be LOR. The customer support is far better than what I received last year. I wasn't an LOR customer, but when I e-mailed Dan on a Saturday night, He responded by Sunday morning. For that, I'm greatful and will stand by his product.

THANK YOU DAN!

I looked at both before picking LOR. One of the reasons I picked LOR is the pricing. From what I saw on the AL site the stuff was more expensive than LOR and since I don't have that much money, I chose one that I could get the most for my money. I also saw more, many more, topics in the LOR than in the AL. That, plus seeing a LOR show for real in the North Canton, Ohio area made me choose LOR.