Light-O-Rama Forums

Demo software question

Richard

I'm experimenting with the demo downloaded from the Light-o-Rama site with pretty good results. One question though: How do I start the sequence from the middle? I keep having to go back to the beginning of the song to see if my lights are synched correctly. I'm 30 seconds into a song now, and its beginning to become annoying.

Thanks in advance!

You can select the play range under the "Play" drop down menu. There are options for full sequence, selection, or visible screen. You now have full sequence selected, so it goes back to the beginning. Use either the visible screen (just plays the portion of the song showing on the screen), or the selection (plays just what you select).

Jeff Millard wrote:

you simply press the spacebar and it will play from the cursor. Press again and it will pause.

I was also pushing for that since a lot of video and music editing software is that way. Question though, when you are playing it, it has the dotted line that moves along as it plays you know? Is there a way you can keep that visible after you hit the space bar to stop it so you can add a timing mark where it is at if you need to? Also is it also possible to have that line show up where ever you click in a sequence?

That optional dotted line that moves accross the screen does disapear when you stop. However the position line in the waveform does stay at the last location. You have to be careful with that line because it moves around with the mouse but it will give you a good idea where you were when you stopped.