Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Available

Guest guest

Based on comments from another one of my posts, people have requested that I send them a sequence from my display.

I've decieded just to upload it so that anyone who wants can download it.

This is "Good King Joy" from my 2005 display. This is _animation_ only, which means _no music_ is attached to the file. This will let you see what a sequence looks like on paper, then in real life (when you download the video from my WonderlandChristmas.com site.)

Click here to download the Good King Joy sequence.

Thanks Don, That is a very nice job, and very kind of you to share your hard work.. When you edited the music, did you just cut part of the song in the beginning or end, or a few cuts throught out the song. Great display.

Scottsgrfx wrote:

Thanks Don, That is a very nice job, and very kind of you to share your hard work..

Thank you very much some time you don't have enought time to sit down and sequence it. with this year and the sale it has been very hectic i am hopeing that i can find time once the Planet Christmas LOR Chatroom sLows down.

Thank you again. :rudolph:

Thank you, Don.

Interesting. Big time slices. And it works. I'm wondering if I'm going to way too much trouble to work things down to the resolution that I am. Your big chunks work well.

WOW. Even better... I just watched all three roll simultaneously and in perfect sync:
The sequencing code
The animation pane
The actual video of the lights

Load the sequence. Have it fill the left half of your screen. Zoom out vertically so you can see as many channels at once as possible. Pull up the preview pane. Load the video. Put those two on the right side. Start the video. The moment the screen on the video has gone dark [title goes down]... maybe just a tad later, hit the Play key on the sequencer. You'll likely be +/- 1 second at that point.

Really gives you the big picture.

Thanks for all the free stuff! I'm encouraged to release my work after the end of my first season.

I would hope we don't see a bunch of good king joy displays because he shared his work. Creating great displays takes time and should be unique. Use this as a teaching tool to learn how to set up an LOR sequence and build your own unique light show.

Chris

cvyvial wrote:

I would hope we don't see a bunch of good king joy displays because he shared his work. Creating great displays takes time and should be unique. Use this as a teaching tool to learn how to set up an LOR sequence and build your own unique light show.

Chris

That is true but as well many newbies need a place to get started. A perfect example would Carsons "wizards in winter" that was copied many times, yet it did get LOR a very good reputation seeeing as his video was put on national television

Carson - I do love that vidoe and that is a very moving song

jmccorm wrote:

Load the sequence. Have it fill the left half of your screen. Zoom out vertically so you can see as many channels at once as possible. Pull up the preview pane. Load the video. Put those two on the right side. Start the video. The moment the screen on the video has gone dark [title goes down]... maybe just a tad later, hit the Play key on the sequencer. You'll likely be +/- 1 second at that point.

Really gives you the big picture.

I just wanted to see how it was in the sequence editor with music. Seeing the video is one thing, but I like Jmccorm's suggestion. I am really going to be doing alot of sequencing, but seeing a pro's work, really gives this LOR project a new outlook at how it is all done. I don't nor would I take credit for someone elses work. Sorry if my previuos post was taken the wrong way. Thanks

Thank you Don. I think I learned more just from watching your video and seeing how you sequenced it than I did in the last couple weeks of experimenting. I think I have been trying too hard which led to quite a bit of frustration.

And the animation panel, I never would have thought to lay it out that way. I have just been doing the animation screen like the LOR demo. The way your panel is laid out makes it so much easier to visualize.

One newbie that really appreciates your sharing.

Denny

Scottsgrfx wrote:

I think that has been my problem too, trying to hard. Man , being a newbie is tough. Thanks again Don.

Scott,

Remember Chuck's words of wisdom:

First Crawl, then Walk, then Run.

Don't burn yourself out the first year. Remember this is supposed to be fun! We are all here to support you and answer any questions you may come up with.

Jeff

All,

You are welcome. Glad that it could be of help to you. Props go to Marty Slack, who assisted with this sequence.

Hopefully it will help some people get started. Someone called me a "pro." You are too kind, again, thank you.

To those who want to use it for your display, go right ahead. I don't ask for credit, but it would be nice if you didn't claim it 100% as your own. (You will note my "Re-Synchronized by" line in the credits.)

Jeff_Womack wrote:

Don't burn yourself out the first year. Remember this is supposed to be fun! We are all here to support you and answer any questions you may come up with.
Jeff

Yep, you don't want to burn out.

Last year was my first year with LOR, though I had a display prior to that. Started with 80 channels. Lemme tell you, this year, as of today, I've done _zero_ meaningful planning towards 2006. Much to my wifes chagrin, there are still some lights in the house. Right now, I just *don't care.*

Sure, I'll help others (which is almost more fun than working on my own display) but my display is the furthest thing from my mind. I'll probably get some controllers this week, and figure out what to do with them later.

So my point ... go all out the first year, you run the risk of burning out.

This type of help is GREATLY appreciated for this newbie. I have previously downloaded WIW by Carson and this will help me even more when I do my own sequencing.

Since this is my first year, are there any other downloads out there? I want to sequence some of my own but I would like to have a number of sequences to play this year. Having some that are done will allow me to concentrate on a few I want to do myself and still have a larger number this season.

I don't want to be just a copy of everyone else but this first year it would be nice just to use some sequence files to get some of the timing down.

Just saw another post here: http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/5038.html that has a link to more sequences. Cool!

(corrected reference to WIW)