Light-O-Rama Forums

How to Import and use LOR Sequences

lridgeway

I have been to the WebSite LOR Sequences where you guys share sequences, there is a download there but I obviously am not smart enough to get that configuration into my show with music. I am running the latest S/W, and I have 32 ch's. So does that mean I can only download and use the 32 ch shows. Thanks for any help

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but to use the sequences you downloaded, you need to edit the channel configuration on the downloaded files to match your setup (i.e. controller type, unit #, and channel #). You can add and delete channels from the downloaded files, so you're not necessarily limited to just 32 channel files for download.

I am not sure where to go to edit ch's, I click open and it sees the downloads under recent sequences tab, also when I try to play it in sequence editor it says MP3 cannot be found. I know some of these tracks are edited versions are they not normally included in the download.

Ohh.

Sequences and corresponding media tracks (typically audio but can be video) are separate.

When you download a sequence you will need to also get the audio file. Once you have the audio file stored on your computer, you will need to make the association. Click edit, media file then point the browser to the audio file.

Here is were it gets tricky. Unless you have the exact same audio file that the original author used, the timings probably will not line up. The good news with S2 is you can skew the sequence independent of the audio track to help line things up.

Another issue you can run into is different versions of the song. These will probably never line up.

Also, as previously stated, you need to go into each channel and make the appropriate channel configuration settings. You can also do this in the channel property grid.

Personally, I find it very difficult to take someones work and make it my own. Usually I will just look for new ideas or maybe to good timing marks and work from there.

For you beginners out there (and even intermediates :cool:), one of the masters of animated display, Richard Holdman, has made available many sequences and audio files in which to build off of. Some sequences only contain timing cues, others are his entire sequences but typically contain the timing cues. Take a look.

http://www.holdman.com/christmas/sequences/

I downloaded all of the Holdman sequences from the 2007 files. I could not get the LOR II software to open any of his files. I got an error message on all of his sequences. This was really disappointing as he has done some awesome work with his shows.

I have only had partial success in downloading other's files. Some worked for me others gave me the same error message. All of the sequences that I am using are ones I had to create from scratch myself.

It's possible that the download did not complete even though the counter said it did. I get that issue sometimes when transferring from a thumb drive. I'd try re-downloading the zip file. Extract the files. Wait an extra 30 seconds, then try to open it.

I tried downloading files from the LOR site on a different computer and I had the same results. I get an error message trying to open any of the files that I down loaded.

I just downloaded and added 16 channel versions of Christmas Canon and Christmas Canon Rock to my list Saturday. Took about 5 minutes each to download, add the media file and configure them from the LOR sequences site. Still trying to find the music for Disney's, Believe In Holiday Magic. I had no problems as it went very easily.
Using S2 by the way. Once you do get a download if it has more channels you just go to the Sequences, open that file, and then up to the "Tool" box and then the Channel Configuratons.
It will come up with their configuration. Say you have 32 and the download has 48.
There should be a red X down the far left side next to each channel that you click on to delete it. It will ask if you want to delete this channel and you just click yes. Do that for each one you don't want to use. Then put what ever channels of your own in each box under channel number that matches up to what you want to light on that channel. It's pretty neat how it works.

Lenny