Light-O-Rama Forums

Publicly available sequences?

Guest guest

Are there any out there? I think I'm looking some exposure to how people create shows, the kind of things they do, etc etc. I think I'm starting to developmy own style, but I was kind of wanting to see the kinds of effects I'm overlooking.

Oh. Looking for publicly available sequence files for LOR.

Here is how I am sequencing. It is based off of what I learned in the online tutorial. Wrong, or just different?

The big difference in what I normally do and what I did in this example, is that this song is EXTREMELY fast paced. So I went with 1/20th timing instead of my regular 1/10th. That, and the LEDs can keep up. [NOTE: This will be a 100% LED display, or something very close to it.]

You have your first 16 channels, which are real channels. However, in the absence of a note-taking system built into the sequencer [added to the request list], I've built COMMENT channels at the bottom that I use to help point out to my self various things I see, and good opportunities to do a change up in my patterns. In this song, I also highlighted the individual notes (and you can see why I used 1/20th timing... this one is FAST).

Another item to note is that I don't constantly drive everything at 100%, but I keep the brightness so where I can ramp it up or down at any time with a lot of flexibility. I see most people are running these at 100%, which only gives them one direction to go... down.

If you see the special effect on Units 01.13 - 01.16, this corresponds to the sound of a shimmering cymbal which grows louder then faint again. The graphics seem to be an excellent match for the sound, and also takes advantage of the 'overbrightness' because I'm running everything medium intensity. White LEDs which flash dimly, brighter, brightly, dimmer, dimly.

Anyways, enough rambling. Here is how I'm creating sequences...

[And you can now understand why the 1/4 and 1/2 speed misplay bug is critical to me.]

attachment.php?id=2779

Attached files 47482=2779-example.gif