Light-O-Rama Forums

Ripping Music from CD for musical sequence and for FM Transmitter

Oscar

Hello,

What is the best or prefer file format (MP3 or WAV) to rip music from CD to create a music sequence. I understand that once you ripped a song from CD that its suppose to be to be run through a sound editor program "Audacity". I am not going to use a LOR MP3 show director controller. These musical sequence will be played wireless on an FM Transmitter. I would like to get decent sound when played on FM. I do not plan on not getting other equipments that requires best of sounds. Maybe down the road. Windows Media Player is what I am going to use to rip the music and is operated in Vista Ultimate X64.

Note: I currently do not own a LOR system yet. I am planning on getting one starting early next year. As for now, I am using a demo "Light Automation Control Software". I was told that I would be able to make musical sequence so it could be transfer to the actual automation control software. I am just planning ahead.;)

Equipments that I plan on getting are the CTB16PC controller, Pair of Linkers, EDM FM transmitter. Oh Ya....I forgot.......Lots of cables.:D

Based on your situation (not using the Show Director), I suggest just ripping to a wav file and be done with it.

Oscar wrote:

Sounds easy enough Richard. So that means that I do not have to modify the music through Audacity?

Probably not. When you rip from CD to a wav file, that should be sufficient for your needs.