Light-O-Rama Forums

IMPOSTOR ON SITE

Robin

We have an impostor.

There is someone registered her under the name CrazyLightLady. Anyone who knows her will know her name is Annalisa. She has a website by that domain name. In the past, individuals have used that name for all of the dot domains and she was actually in a legal because of this issue. The person who registered under that name gives no website and Annalisa always has her website on her profile. Also, this person did not give a location and Annalisa always has her home location and usually a picture of herself.

Annalisa has been harrassed, verbally abused by certain members of other forums and lied about for the past two years. I would like to see this person removed for impersonation. As a side not this happend on another site a few months ago.

On one hand, this person registered in August 2007 and has not made any posts. I'd have a hard time doing this without a reason.

One the other hand, I have a high respect for Robin and I'd take his advice very seriously.

Handles are not very unique though. For instance, I have use the handle Gizmoe for longer than most of you have even know what the Internet is. I don't ask that that person be removed because I used it first.

I believe it was used to prevent Annalisa from using it here. Most people know she uses a lot of D-light but still just the principle of the thing I guess. I know she tried to register today but it said it was already in use. So she sent me an email and asked if I would check it out for her. She did not ask me to post anything but I just thought I should.

In that case, and since it has never been used, I think it would be fair to ask Dan to remove it. Maybe Dan could do a purge of all names that haven't been used. Housekeeping is a good thing.

Some people can be so mean. It's just silly to fight.

If some one had grabbed that user name first and started using it then no problem. Even if they had not used it I would give them the benifit of the doubt and check with them to see what the story was.

However in this case it turns out that the person who registered CrazyLightLady used an email address on a URL owned by Annalisa. So as far as I am concerned it is hers. If she wants it deleted she can send an email to support@lightorama.com ... She also has a user account using her first name.

Dan

just checked who's on line. and crazylady is in the house at this time.

I for one has meet annalisa(wonder woman), and if anyone want to learn things. you might want to attend mini's. and if she is listening ( I'm the one with soldering with a lighter and paperclip)(bad solder job) she was in a rush.

whosonline.gif
We have 3,472 members, 6,205 topics, 50,798 posts. Please welcome our newest member Jim Eriksen.

19 users online (12 members, 7 guests, 0 invisible). The most users ever online was 166 on Sun Dec 17th, 2006. The list of members online:
evana, Davidt, CrazyLightLady, daddyalj, FireMedic4Christ, lonewolvie, RI_Pilot, George Simmons, roderick greene, Douglas, jstein, booelean

We're cool, not sure what happened with the log-in. Have catch all e-mail accounts and for some reason this one just wiggled around the norm.

No harm, No foul.

And I promise not to [Foul Language Used] Dan off this time.

It is her evan as I spoke with her last night. Knowing how she likes to talk it seemed strange that when she told me I looked and here she was and had never posted. So all is now right with the world and Santa will be here in six days!! Wow cannot wait to get my new PB Bunny. Opps I mean my new shirts.

garyfunk wrote:

Maybe Dan could do a purge of all names that haven't been used. Housekeeping is a good thing.

I suggest not doing that. I purge accounts from my bulletin board only after 3 years after their last signon because I've seen some people mysteriously come back on after almost two years. I think often that people just want to get the automated emails about certain information and don't plan to go on and post anything. I do this myself on some boards. I am registered on over 30 boards of various types (music, equipment, programming, etc), and I haven't posted a single thing on 25 of them! I wouldn't like it if I were removed and suddenly stopped getting the automated emails. No chance of that happening here I guess. I talk too much !!!