Light-O-Rama Forums

Mine are ready too......

Mike Cole

Im not happy with the video quality, but I think you will get the idea.........

272 LOR channels.........enjoy, Mike

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=B25zYgyJUGA

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xg8xEwJDF4

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUvEOhfXvs

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4aI8Wl9Hebg

Very nice job on all your sequencing. My favorite is of course "Wizards In Winter". Thats always been a favorite in my display but due to moving into my new house in mid November I was unable to decorate this year:(, but next year I'll be back with more lights, more channels and of course more power:D.

Mike,
Maybe this can best sum it up.

I seldom watch a video all the way to the end. I did yours, TWICE!!

That was as close to perfect as you can get.

I have never heard that song before but you just did not miss on a single thing just great.

Mike,

looks like you got some vids before our record snowfall yesterday and today. Nothing like 3 feet of snow in a day and a half to tame a display down:shock:

I'm fortunate enough to live close by to Mike and let me say that each year his display is more and more amazing. It's truly awesome to see in person!

In fact, his display is the reason I decided to get into this. But I had to think twice before doing it because I had never seen so many cars in line to look at a Christmas display before. It was nuts!

Thanks for the amazing Christmas display Mike!

Mark

FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC SINCRONIZATION!!!

Attached files 167913=9672-lor_64_lightgray_blue5.GIF

Major Kudos ... love your display.

The sequencing is superb.

The megatree sequencing is so-o smooth.

I also have some roof-mounted half megas ...

What do you call the spinner? Where I can read up on how
to build one of those?

You deserve the praise your getting ... great job!

Thanks for all the nice comments, I like the sequencing part of our hobby. I think its our way of showing what the music says to us. But the setup in the yard......thats a whole other story....... This year was a real chore for me to get out there and install everything. I started the first week in Oct, and was finished a few days before Thanksgiving. Thats all of my free time spent hanging lights. I like this hobby a lot, but I'm not sure I can do it again. Guess I'm just trying to justify if I want to bust my *%$#@ that much. .......sorry, just venting.

Yes Mark.....I did get some video, but not all I wanted. The record snow fall did kill my show. With over 3' of snow in the yard, most of my lights are buried. So I'm dark till we get a thaw........which I don't see coming in the near future. Really loved your show too. You made 64 ch look like 164 ch. Well done

taybrynn.....the "spinner" is quite simple. I got those 2' candy canes from Wallmart and ziptied them to a small piece of plywood that I drilled holes in. Each one is on its own channel.

Thanks again guys....................Mike

Mike, I can appreciate your honest thoughts about the amount of work these shows require. I also like the sequencing a lot more than the set up. I know I can't do it for more a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply awesome! I am wondering (as a total newbie) what is the "sparkle tree" on the right of your display? It seems to be random strobes. How is that effect achieved, or at least, what is it called so I can Google it? Thanks!

yup.......just strobes. There are 25 strobes in that tree, the kind that screw into the c-9 sockets................Mike

• The topic was locked