Light-O-Rama Forums

Lite-O--Rrama 2.0.16

Gerry Van Cleve

64 channels. I have channels that I would like to run through the entire show for blow-ups and a projector, some are still programmed to the music. Works fine under animation sequence editor. Added to show under Show Editor as animation background, will not run concurrently, musical sequence over-ride. So my blow-ups go flat. The propellers on my helicopter quit, and Santa augers in. I also installed lights in the animation sequence to monitor status of the animation, they appear to be controlled by the original musical sequence. Do I need to delete the channels from the musical sequences, is the background not working, or does the musical sequence have priority?

You should not have channels controlled in both the animation sequence and musical sequence. Just place them all in the animation.

As iresq mentioned you have to have have to have different channel configurations for you background and your musical sequences. Intuitively is seems as if a channel is not used in a sequence that would be good enough but it does not work that way. When a sequence starts it sets the state of each channel to match their state at the start of the sequence. It will turn off all channels that are off, etc...

So if you use three channels in your background then there will only be 3 channels defined in the background sequence. If you only had 16 channels then the musical sequences would only have 13 channels defined in them.

Apparently I haven't explained my situation well enough.

I am using sequences from last year. Channels have changed. I have set the new channels up as an animation sequence and then programmed in as a background. With my new programmed background channels, I.E. FM Transmitter, Radio, Blow-Ups, and background lights. Continue to play musical sequences.

I would have assumed that the background sequene would take priority. Even when I delete the channels from the musical sequence, it appears that the background doesn't run.

Background sequences run regardless of other sections of the show. IF you have a channel(s) define in more than one sequence and they are defined off in any of the sequences that can run at the same time in a show, then in this case your background sequence would appear to not be running.

You can in essence have more than one sequence running at a single point in time in a show.

A sequence in the background section. like transmitter and tune to sign
A sequence in the musical section. your synchronized songs
Multiple sequences in the animation sequence. maybe a snowball fight, and jingle bells flashing

What Dan and IRESQ have said.

If your Transmitter is on Unit 1 Channel 1 then that definition cannot appear in your musical sequences or any sequence that would run at the same time.
I gave you one example...but it could be any unit/any channel

Chuck

Gerry Van Cleve wrote:

Apparently I haven't explained my situation well enough.

I am using sequences from last year. Channels have changed. I have set the new channels up as an animation sequence and then programmed in as a background. With my new programmed background channels, I.E. FM Transmitter, Radio, Blow-Ups, and background lights. Continue to play musical sequences.

I would have assumed that the background sequene would take priority. Even when I delete the channels from the musical sequence, it appears that the background doesn't run.

Okay. So it sounds like you have removed the background channels from all of your musical sequences (and any other sequences that are running such as seqeunces in the Animation Section).

Can you send a copy of the background seqeunce (the sequence that you have placed in the Background section of the show) to support@lightorama.com ... Also a copy of one of the musical sequences (I assume that all musical sequences share the same channel configuration).

Thanks

Dan