Light-O-Rama Forums

Shipping from sale

Guest guest

dan,

I ordered three 16 channel diy kits within the first 20 minutes of the sale, just curious on when they will ship out? I know you said that some orders were shipped out on monday, just wondering if it was alittle longer lag time for the kits? an estimate would be greatfully appreciated.

they are being shipped to pittsburgh,pa

thanks for the great deals and the services you provided us

bob:smile:

Robert Cox wrote:

dan,

I ordered three 16 channel diy kits within the first 20 minutes of the sale, just curious on when they will ship out? I know you said that some orders were shipped out on monday, just wondering if it was alittle longer lag time for the kits? an estimate would be greatfully appreciated.

they are being shipped to pittsburgh,pa

thanks for the great deals and the services you provided us

bob:smile:

Bob,

Your order should ship next week. Honestly we have not had a chance to ship very much this week. Any orders that had new stuff ( kits, wireless, mp3 ) were skipped this week because the person doing the shipping had not been trained on the new stuff but understood how to do "simple" orders. So we were not 100% first come first serve. We were taking phone orders, answering lots of questions. I will not give specifics but in the first 20 minutes there were a lot of orders:).

We hope to get tons of stuff shipped next week. I am sorry for the delay...

LOL, I think I am going to explode with anticipation:shock::):shock::):laughing::laughing::shock:. OM, I cant wait, this is so exciting.:waycool::ornament::rudolph::happytree::snowman::smilingelf::dude::waycool:

Dan,

You wrote: "We try not to have excessive shipping. We charge $3 over what UPS tells us the shipping is. The $3 pays for the box, packing, tape and time to do the shipping. "

Now, I have no mention of shipping cost on my confirmation e-mail.

This either means I'm getting the order shipped for free :D

Or it's because I'm in the UK and the costs aren't yet known.

I bet I know which one of those it is :}

Martin

grandad wrote:

Dan,

You wrote: "We try not to have excessive shipping. We charge $3 over what UPS tells us the shipping is. The $3 pays for the box, packing, tape and time to do the shipping. "

Now, I have no mention of shipping cost on my confirmation e-mail.

This either means I'm getting the order shipped for free :D

Or it's because I'm in the UK and the costs aren't yet known.

I bet I know which one of those it is :}

Martin

Hi,

For international orders, during the checkout process there is a little note that says that shipping charges may not be correct ( and they are not)... That note is not too easy to see but I do not have a way to make it bigger.

When shipping orders to the UK we generally pick "Frank's Cross Pond in a Row Boat Shipping Company". They are pretty cheap and if there are no waves higher than 1 ft during the crossing they usually make it without sinking. Only takes 4-6 months. Depends on the winds and such. (Frank pulled his back one year and it really slowed things down.)....

Now seriously, we use USPS Airmail Parcel Post to the UK. Cost is not too bad at all. About the same price as 2 day UPS within the US.

no problem, about the delay Dan, i have been waiting since last november another week won't hurt, One other question I have, is that i took a look at my checking statement and realized my debit card has not been billed yet, I thought that it would be billed immediately, i guess it is not billed until it is shipped???

i did not see a mention of that anywhere else

:]bob

Please take no offense to these questions. I mean no harm.

Why do the save10 customers have to wait to get there items shipped?
Are the Showtime MP3 players in stock and ready to go?

I was told September for this. Im kinda sad and really nervous that this is cutting it a little close for my first light show.

The save10 option allows Dan, Mary and crew to accomodate people that want their orders soon and delay those that choose to take the option. Rather than ship till they run out and then those left have to wait till product is back in stock. As a reward for a person choosing to wait, they offered the addtional savings.

Chuck

I for one applaud Chucks handling of the SAVE10. I'm using that option and the additional savings is worth it to me. I'll be up to 64 channels after this order. Long way to go from here and will be adding as I can.

Will we get instructions on how to update our boxes when the new software comes out?

Thanks again

Fanfom,

Sorry for taking this thread off topic, I am sure you will be provided instructions.

When I got the full version of the software, the installation created a folder that contained the firmware. Also I am sure that Dan will have the firmware available for download on the LOR site. If this is your first purchase many question will be answered when you get your first controller and hook it up and get to "play" a bit. The hardware utility has the needed "stuffs" to load the firmware.

Chuck

LightORama wrote:

When shipping orders to the UK we generally pick "Frank's Cross Pond in a Row Boat Shipping Company". They are pretty cheap and if there are no waves higher than 1 ft during the crossing they usually make it without sinking. Only takes 4-6 months. Depends on the winds and such. (Frank pulled his back one year and it really slowed things down.)....

Well, with you not qualified to drive the fork-lift Dan, and Frank with a dodgy back; we had better hope the oars of the rowboat don't snap :laughing:

Thanks for clearing up the shipping charge question, and thank you Dan and crew for giving the chance of a great start in L-O-R to people like me with your sale.

Martin

Nealius wrote:

Please take no offense to these questions. I mean no harm.

Why do the save10 customers have to wait to get there items shipped?
Are the Showtime MP3 players in stock and ready to go?

I was told September for this. Im kinda sad and really nervous that this is cutting it a little close for my first light show.

Hi,

Others have provided a good explanation for this but I will elaborate a bit more. There are a couple of reasons that I did the SAVE10. One is just that there would be a large number of orders to ship and I wanted a way to spread that out a bit without getting too many people upset.

In the first day of this sale we sold more than we sold in all of 2005. All of those sales are fully stocked so we could ship them immediatly BUT we can only ship so much each day! We cannot efficiently run and have the facilities to handle a 20,000% surge in business. Thus by putting the SAVE10 orders to the back of the list we can ship things with as small of a delay as possible to those who did not opt for a delay.

We will still have a couple week delay in shipping to those who did not opt for the SAVE10 but we will get things out as quickly as possible.

For those who did opt for the SAVE10, the 90 day delay is not fixed in stone. It says UP TO 3 Months ( or something like that ).... I used that number for a good cushion that I felt would be a date range that we could definitely get things shipped. In most likely hood we will exceed that date. For all SAVE10 orders received up to now I am 100% sure we will deliver earlier than 3 months.