Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows Command

doubleeaz

doubleeaz wrote:

I made three new shows exactly the same as my original three shows and everything works. The Betabrite updates at the start of each song. I even had made some changes to a sequence that were not showing up. Once I made the new shows, the changes now show up.

There ya go!

Glad it's working for you.

I get questioned by lots of people asking how I do that and compliments on how cool it is that it shows the "Now Playing...."

"Santa's Magic" I reply. B)

doubleeaz wrote:

I made three new shows exactly the same as my original three shows and everything works. The Betabrite updates at the start of each song. I even had made some changes to a sequence that were not showing up. Once I made the new shows, the changes now show up.

That sounds strange that recreating the shows would solve it, but hey, whatever works! I can understand if you had said that closing the LOR control panel and reopening it would solve the problem

On my test computer, I was experiementing with using the Windows command to send messages to my BetaBrite sign. After saving the updated sequences with the command messages in them, all I had to do was restart the LOR control panel, (effectively causing the show to reload), not recreate the shows. I'm thinking that might be what really fixed the problem in your case.

Just an OBTW for the 'Windows Command' topic... The Grandwell SCH16H tri-color LED sign works well w/the 'Windows Command' feature of S2... the Grandwell sign is less expensive than the BetaBrite... $159.00 (free shipping) from Grandwell (http://www.grandwell.com/specials.php)... and I've seen it as low as $118 (plus shipping) on ebay...

The control software needed to display the 'Now Playing... etc' from the S2 sequences is available free from Industrologic, Inc. (same place as the BetaBrite software)... http://www.industrologic.com/slc16hdesc.htm

• 3 weeks later...