Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB08

nnewby

Ok, I'm not sure what's going on.

I have 2 CTB08s that power on just fine, they see the network, but the network can't see them. They both worked between 6-730 am this morning, then my father left a note wondering why 1 of the channels was on and none others were on, so I searched the network and it can't find those two boxes.

I've tried to reset the unit IDs thinking that may be the problem, but even when using the "Ignore Error" on the Set Unit ID box, then searching for them, they can't be found. I've unplugged the boxes, waited and plugged them back in and still nothing ;) fuses are fine as well...

You saeytat the network adn see them so I am guess that when connected to the PC and LOR program such as the Hardware Utilty is running the LEDs go on solid. If you subsiquently stop the Hardware Utility do the LEDs start blinking?

If the LEDs start and stop blinking as expected then as you stated we do have communication from the PCs to the controllers. IF you do have communications then try starting the Hardware Utility, let the LEDs go steady then DO NOT click the refresh button. Rather, in the box to the Refresh button where it says select unit, click in that box and type in the unit ID of one of the controllers (like 01 or 02 )... Then try testing the units.

LightORamaDan wrote:

You saeytat the network adn see them so I am guess that when connected to the PC and LOR program such as the Hardware Utilty is running the LEDs go on solid. If you subsiquently stop the Hardware Utility do the LEDs start blinking?

yes, that is correct.

If the LEDs start and stop blinking as expected then as you stated we do have communication from the PCs to the controllers. IF you do have communications then try starting the Hardware Utility, let the LEDs go steady then DO NOT click the refresh button. Rather, in the box to the Refresh button where it says select unit, click in that box and type in the unit ID of one of the controllers (like 01 or 02 )... Then try testing the units.

I just tried that after the units being powered down for about an hour, and the LEDs are on solid after i turned on the Hardware utility (blinking before). I typed in the Unit IDs (01, 03; each at different times) and clicked the "lights on" command and nothing from either box

Those controllers have a two pin header on them. If there is a jumper on them then try removing that jumper. If there isn't a jumper on them then try placing one on them. There was a jumper included with the controller.

I put a jumper on one of the units, nothing happened. so i repeated as described above with manually typing in the unit ID and trying to turn the lights on and nothing still. I also tried resetting the unit ID and then the lights on and got the same result.

I'm having the same problem. The board is a [glow=red]CTB08 V4[/glow]. My was working on Saturday, Sunday dead. The LED glows when I connect the adapter and start the hardware util. But I can't see it. Mine is 2 years old. I've tried two diffrent cables and adapters. It's at the end of line of controllers and I can see the rest of them. Any ideas??

[glow=red]It's Fixed ![/glow];):D One quick phone call to Dan and I'm up and running again. We had to reassign the unit id. Number. Had to try twice, but it's working fine. Thanks [glow=blue]Dan Baldwin[/glow]

nnewby wrote:

i tried that multiple times and nothing :D guess i shall have to call

How are you trying to reassign it? Try making this the only board on the network, and then tell it to change "Any ID" to the desired ID.

-Tim

That's the only way I haven't tried (the any ID part).. Must do that in the morning... I can't believe I forgot about that way to reassign as I had to do it that way last year as well, and I believe you told me the same thing..

Thank you Tim!

-nnewby