Light-O-Rama Forums

I thinks I'm about ready to fire it up

LENNY RUEL

Well, outside of checking out a couple more Where Are You Christmas? downloads tonight I think we are close to going live. Last night the wife noticed the lights outside flashing and stuff and since I was actually finishing up sequencing it got me to thinking the system must actually play the lights while you are working on things. So since I was pretty much done with sequencing I punched up Christmas Eve Serajevo, a good 5 minute plus song and went out to watch. COOL!!! No sound but just the light show was awesome. Special thanks to Paul R.(you know who you are) for getting me some of the sequences. Need to get the transmitter plugged in quick tonight and try it again to see how that works. One question about that is, it says NOT to have it in the basement so I'm running a jack line up stairs into a back bedroom to put it there. One thing I have is a Stereo in the basement hooked up to outside speakers thatr I was alos going to tune to the radio station and play over that as well. I had been playing CD's for years on this. Should that being in the basement be able to pick up the transmitter which I moved upstairs?

One last BIG question then is when I pull up the show builder all 42 of my songs are in the left screen under "all files" Is it just a matter of pulling them out of that screen and putting them in the right sreen in the order I'm playing them in to get that set?

Follow the promps for scheduling and away we go?

Of the 42 songs, every fith one is sync'd to the lights; 1,6,11 and so on. Then 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10 etc I punched in a couple of channels on each song so some lights come on for variety. It totals 124 minutes roughly of music or a little more than 2 hours. It also works out that I have a sync'd song start at about every 15 minutes.

I want the program to run from about 5:30 to 10:00 every night. Does it automatically have a delay between songs or do you program that in to the show builder also, like say 30 seconds? Thanks again for all the help.

Lenny Ruel

About a 2-3 second delay is best or the viewers will think the show is over and move on.

If crowds get heavy then I suggest you limit the show to 4-5 songs to keep traffic moving.

Keeping them moving was why I was thinking one song sync'd at a time then filling in with four others before the next sync'd song. If I note on the "tune to FM" sign that "lights dance approx every 15 minutes on the hour" they are less apt to park for 15 minutes and wait unless it close to the hour or 15,30, or 45 past it. I can always change it but really don't see any traffic issues. You can just program in what you want between songs though for a break, 5 secs, 10, what ever?

Lenny

Unless you're sure you'll get a lot of traffic I think I'd do the animated sequences a lot more frequently... you can always thin them out later if need be.

Push Eject wrote:

Unless you're sure you'll get a lot of traffic I think I'd do the animated sequences a lot more frequently... you can always thin them out later if need be.
Agreed, during the week I'll have maybe 5 - 8 cars at a time and they can sit as long as they want, weekends when it gets crazy, that when I have to be a little more creative on getting them to leave.