Light-O-Rama Forums

Error saving file

Texan78

I am using version 2.1.2 and I am trying to save and file, and well I am getting the error shown below. I tried to rename it as a new file and I still get the error. Any idea what might be causing this or is it something I am doing or not doing right?

Attached files 166876=9606-error saving file.bmp

Were you trying to save a sequence that you had just opened/

Were you doing a save or a save as?

If you create a simple sequence can you save it?

Dan

Dan,

This was an existing file I was working on. I had made two new tracks that consisted of my arches and mini trees and I was doing some sequencing. I went up to click the save button and the progress bar showed up that showed it was saving then half way through it it stopped and that error popped up. So then I tried to save as with a new file name and I still got the same error. I hit cancel when it popped up the second time after saving it to a new file name. When I did that the progress bar was still showing on the screen. Then a few seconds later it crashed and closed out. I then restarted it and reopened the file I had been working on. Funny thing I noticed is after I opened it is it did actually save my work even though I had got that error. So I continued on working on it some more. I scrolled up to my first track and it finally saved as normal. I am not sure if this was just a freak occurrence or it was because I was on track 1 and saved from there or what.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Have you tried upgrading to 2.1.6?

No because 2.1.2 already screwed up my sequences as it is. So I had to go back and fix those changes. The bug fixes on the next two releases are not problems I am having. So I decided against upgrading again until I absolutely need to or another big release comes out with new features.

Glad to hear that it saved your work even with that error. It may have received the error while it was trying to create/save a backup file.