Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Extended Software

Guest guest

Hello,

I am planning on buying the 1602W controller, the Extended Software, and the adaptor. I plan on using an older Gateway PC as a stand alone machine to run the software, and a FM tramsmitter. (Next year I plan to add additional controllers.)

I am uncertain what the DIO card, Instacal software is required for? Will I need this to run the system I am buying? What would I need it for in the future?

Thanks for the help! This site is GREAT!

RC

RC wrote:

Hello,

I am planning on buying the 1602W controller, the Extended Software, and the adaptor. I plan on using an older Gateway PC as a stand alone machine to run the software, and a FM tramsmitter. (Next year I plan to add additional controllers.)

I am uncertain what the DIO card, Instacal software is required for? Will I need this to run the system I am buying? What would I need it for in the future?

Thanks for the help! This site is GREAT!

RC

RC,

I am not sure of your level of understanding so I may be "talking down" to you:D.

The DIO card is not a requirement. It is only used by "advanced" users who build their own systems. The DIO card presents a very low voltage signal that is boosted using Triac cards to control lights.

Very few people have DIO cards and they are not necessary for normal LOR operation.

I have a question about installing the software. (this happened with the demo also but I cant remember how to fix it:() It says some files are out if date on your system, click OK for setup to update these for you. You will need to restart before you can run setup again. So I click OK and restart. As soon as I re-run setup, the same thing happens again. I've tried it three times and the problem keeps appearing. Anybody know whats up??

Hi,

Copy the install exe file to your desktop then stop every application running on your PC including everything in your system tray. Then try the install.