Light-O-Rama Forums

half mega tree

Repair

Hello all

This is my first year doing a Christmas show, i have a very small yard so i ' lucked ' into something that i thought you all might like, I made a 10' by 12' tree 4 colors 7 channels each , but it did not show up to well ,being in front of the porch so i took a white canvas and put it inside the tree and then put a red spot, green spot and a strobe . wow what a difference , i can now turn the whole tree red green or flashing. has anyone played with this before?

I would like to say thank you to everyone in the forums i have read many hours worth of help. this is the best group of helpful SHOW-off's .

thank you

Carlos

Attached files 166489=9578-DSC01528.JPG

Nice idea. I would not be able to do that on my tree. The wind loading would likely tear it up or blow it over. You are probably ok since it is on your porch. Mine is about 20 feet up on a shed.

thank you for the replies we just had our first ice storm, tree did very well, we had installed the controllers under the canvas, and all of the wires, everything nice and dry. i am now hooked on the ideal and i would like to go larger but to many problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carlos, I too tried a half or flat tree this year. HD had some mini lights with really large bulbs that worked out well. Good impact for just 5 channels. I like the idea of the colored spots too. It's really cool that we can share ideas like this.

Happy New Year!

Bill D.

Attached files 168766=9710-FlatMegaTree.jpg