Light-O-Rama Forums

Second Strobe Issue

J.D.

Hi all,

I posted a strobe problem three weeks ago stating that when I powered up the LOR channel with strobes, many of the nearby channels would flicker (those on the same controller and on the next controller in the daisy chain line). Someone recommended having the controller power a relay, which would then power up the strobes using a different power line. I tried it and it worked. No more nearby channel flickering.

It's been three weeks with no problems but today, we had a consistent rain all day. (Note: I leave my controllers powered up). Still, the strobes have their own power supply. The problem is, all the strobes are flickering as if they're getting a low voltage feed somewhere. If the relay contacts were closed, the strobes would get full power but the controller channel is off and the relay contacts are open (I assume). How can the strobes have a low voltage trickle allowing them to flash? I'm puzzled...

J.D.

I might be reading this wrong, but I also had a hard raing the other day and a channel from my lor unit came on at about 30 percent. I finally got my shop vac out and cleaned out the unit that had water by blowing it out.