Jump to content

Autostarting in standalone ct16-d at 4,2


lkinsey
 Share

Recommended Posts

Make that "CTB 16D"

When my show ends at 10:00 PM, I like certain lights to remain on during the night and I do this by having a controller run it's standalone mode after the show.

It's triggered by "Run when power is on". The trigger with a clock function is grayed out.

This auto-triggering commences about 20 seconds after the show is finished which is fine but sometimes triggers when that controller is inactive for the 20 seconds during the show which is not fine.

Can this 20 seconds be changed?

Why is the clock trigger grayed out?

Does version 2.4.4 make this optional?

Thanks for any help offered.

Larry........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you running your show via the computer? If so, why not just schedule a show for after the main show to run the sequence that you are using for your stand alone?

Chuck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cmoore60 wrote:

Are you running your show via the computer? If so, why not just schedule a show for after the main show to run the sequence that you are using for your stand alone?

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

I thought I responded here but apparently not.

I am running the show via computer for 5 hours a day and then I have a string or two on for the other 19 hours. It seems a little overkill to tie up the computer for that long and have a show running just to keep static lights going.

One possible workaround would be to insert a short on/off sequence in that respective controller every 20 seconds during this lapse time to delay the autostart feature. This is pretty crude versus having the option programmed in by LOR but then, I'm not in the driver seat here.

Larry.......
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rmturner54 wrote:

why not just put them on a standard timer???


They're also part of the show so they need to be connected to a controller.

To connect lights to a controller and a timer, one would need to use relays which I'm familiar with but that makes it unnecessarily more complicated and trouble prone.

Larry.....
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan

The standalone sequence will run ALL THE TIME... It does not know that there is a show running and it is running in standalone mode while the show is running. However while it is running standalone it is also reacting to commands from he PC. The results are pretty random BUT most likely because there is lot of activity from the PC vs little activity from the standalone sequence the controller looks like it is doing as expected most of the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

The standalone sequence will run ALL THE TIME... It does not know that there is a show running and it is running in standalone mode while the show is running. However while it is running standalone it is also reacting to commands from he PC. The results are pretty random BUT most likely because there is lot of activity from the PC vs little activity from the standalone sequence the controller looks like it is doing as expected most of the time.


From the tone of your note, it would appear that I've been using my controller improperly. You imply that the controller can be used by the computer or as a standalone but not both at the same time with any predictable results, too bad.

Not sure how to do what I want now. I could of course program my "off hours" lights keeping my computer running all the time or use a timer driving a relay to differentiate between show time and off hours operation for the lights.

I'll probably go with the timer/relay setup using the controllers open switch trigger condition.

It appears that the standalone feature has a built in timer or clock but mine is grayed out. That would be perfect if it worked. Any solutions in this regard?

Larry......
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan

I do not have a solution other than running a second show with the lights on which is not what you want to do.

That area is grayed out because the controller does not have an internal clock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

I do not have a solution other than running a second show with the lights on which is not what you want to do.

That area is grayed out because the controller does not have an internal clock.





I assume then that some controllers have clocks but mine doesn't and that the hardware program is generic to all controllers. I would like to know which controllers have internal clocks for future purchases.

I'll go with the external timer and relay then for now.

Thanks for the info.

Larry.......
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan

lkinsey wrote:

[snip] I would like to know which controllers have internal clocks for future purchases.
[snip]


None of the current line of light controllers has an internal clock. I think it has been 4 or 5 years since we sold them with clocks.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

lkinsey wrote:
[snip] I would like to know which controllers have internal clocks for future purchases.
[snip]


None of the current line of light controllers has an internal clock. I think it has been 4 or 5 years since we sold them with clocks.

Alrighty, I'll go with my external timer/relay plan.

Thanks for the info.

Larry.......
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...