Light-O-Rama Forums

Question on scheduled shows

Bill Scoville

I have a show running and I was wondering if I change a sequence that is in the show and save it to the same sequence file name do I have to redo the show or will it change the sequence automatically

If I remember reading a while back in the help file or somewhere. If you make changes to a sequence that is already scheduled, then it will update it in the show automatically once you save it.

All it is doing is playing that file that was saved in the show. I also think I remember though if you are changing a sequence while it is playing or and save it, it will skip to the next sequence. Don't hold me to that though.

To answer your question though I think once you save it you don't have to update your show file in the schedule. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

If the show is currently playing, and that sequence has already been played (or is playing) during this run of the show, the new version of the sequence will not be played during this run of the show. In order to pick the change up, you'll have to do something like disable shows then enable them (or else just wait until the next run of the show, at which point the new version of the sequence will be used).

If the show is not currently playing, or that sequence has not yet been played during this run of the show, it will automatically use the new version of the sequence.

In any case, you don't have to do anything to the show file itself.